Who remembers Been Bag???

http://www.23mag.com/tricks/flat.htm

RL Osborn, BMX Action september 1985 : I started wheel-walkin' about a year ago, but I was standing on the front pegs. It was a variation for front wheel hops. Then, I saw Martin Aparijo and Eddie Fiola doin' it the same way. All three of us were attempting to perfect it using the front fork pegs. Then while I was in Switzerland (in May), I tried doing it with my left foot on the pedal and I got it dialed. I haven't seen Eddie or Martin since I got back, so I don't know if they learned it this way yet. Yup, it helped me a lot doing those shows in Switzerland.

Gork, BMX Action september 1985 : With the recorder goin' full bore and RL scooting backwards tons of times for the camera, I intensely quizzed the Rad Lad for every detail I could get on how to do this maneuver. Imagine my surprise back at the office when the last word I heard was "Switzerland" and then a "squeak... squeak... squeak!" of RL 's front brakes when he would push the wheel. Not one word was left from there on -only the squeaking of brakes drowning out all the taped info. After playing it over a few times for Steve, a little 60 watt light bulb appeared above his head. "That's what we'll call it, The SWITZERLAND SQUEAKER!" I thought that was kinda dumb at first, but after a few minutes of saying it, I began liking it The Switzerland Squeaker it was.

swi85.jpg

And! There was that thang Jez Avery did where he'd wheelie and drop the front wheel out.......I allus assumed he'd pull the wheelie right out the back........or mash the forks and go R. Sovertit on landing!!

Cheers,
Dav

Lysander" And! There was that thang Jez Avery did where he'd wheelie and drop the front wheel out.......I allus assumed he'd pull the wheelie right out the back........or mash the forks and go R. Sovertit on landing!! Dav[/quote said:
I havent tried in quite some time now, but I used to be able to do the wheelie without a front wheel thing. anyone who came on the last n.downs ride with me will probabily believe me :LOL:

been bag brings back good memorys :) .. i think even darren tapp rode in their kit @ 1 stage..?

Latest posts

Back