Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holden's Bridgestone MB-Zip

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Elev12k's Serotta T-Max

• RichieB's 1986 Fisher Mt. Tam

• Total voters
Okay. It took me a while to see that, but now I do: With the Icarus 1 of the arms is in line with the cranks and with the RecordOR one of the bolts is mounted behind the arm, probably to save a tiny bit of extra weight.

Too bad, now my cranks are 'only Icarus' :(

;)

I see the headset is Icarus too. It looks very much like the Euclid headset in my Grove HC, maybe it is even similar. From the Euclid there was a steel and an aluminium version, the one in my Hard Core being the steel version :cool: The Serotta has its in aluminium.

Btw the Euclid headset on mGrove came from a really crap bike. The headset had MUCH rust from the frame, sand and other dirt in it. I gave it a good cleaning and new balls (not sitting in a ring) ...and you know; as smooth as headset can be. Great stuff.

Spikes":10k72qyk said:
Why don't you try to find a matching rear derailleur and shifters? They aren't very hard to find and will look stunning on that frame!

I know it would look stunning ...but I think with the carbon brake levers and rear mech it looks stunning already. With the current setup with the awesome ControlTech V's, the 9s mech it matches exactly the performance of a nowadays bike ...and also the black colour makes it look it could be in some manufacturers 2007 catalogue. Though about 95% of the bike is of the good, old stuff :cool:

:? I was really liking Carsten's Klein.... then Melv show's up with that Serotta :shock:

So he 's getting my vote!

Nice work Melvin :cool:

So is this vote for the "coolest" bike or for the bike that's most representative of the "vintage" bikes? I ask only because I really like the Serotta frame and it has an interesting build, but the Bridgestone seems most "vintage"-worthy to me.

I suppose you just vote for which ever ticks the most boxes in your personal retrobike checklist.

wickedwheels":14rt1rnq said:
So is this vote for the "coolest" bike or for the bike that's most representative of the "vintage" bikes? I ask only because I really like the Serotta frame and it has an interesting build, but the Bridgestone seems most "vintage"-worthy to me.

like JS1500 says no right or wrong reason for voting. Use the force...

Stolichnaya":x86v84w6 said:
Wait a second, that Schwinn is from 1938?!?!

...frame, yes...the rest is just "steroid-repack" retro themed

...doesn't really belong in this beautiful lot, if I had been around I would have nominated Alan's ACTUALLY RIDDEN DOWN REPACK IN THE 70s clunker...next month for sure.

Back