Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ploeg-Post Panasonic PR-6000

• Hello

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like voting on BOTM as it gives me the chance to look and vote on a bike on it's own merits. Usualy whilst gorping at a bike i imagine myself riding or owning it.

I would neither particulaly want to ride or own the Pace. Thats not to say it's not a good bike, just not my thang!!

I voted for the Pace because it is of all the bikes in the comp an (of its time) bicycle. And would still turn the heads of engineers and the 'yoof' of today.

Al, Self opinionated little............ :D

believing in fixies and not voting for the trackbike. Not so strong believer, are you ? :LOL:

On the unfamilliar with certain (or all) names comment:
I can tell 'ploeg-Post' with the Panasonic stands for Peter Post's team. Peter Post was a successfull teammanager. Previously Peter had led the TI Ralaigh team, a revolutionary professional team in its era. Later develloped into Raleigh-Panasonic and somewhat later into Panasonic with own bicyles. Another well known name in the TI Raleigh and so on team was that of machanic Jan Legrand. I got a Presto from his hand and he also contributed to the devellopment of the Panasonic. A TI Raleigh 753 frame I had went to John ...and I am really looking forward to see that one finished ;) (at what stage are you John?)

As a Dutch I do some of the names of the British riders from mags like MBUK, except for Tim Gould I think. I knew him also from Dutch mags, like AllTerrainBike magazine :cool:

utahdog2003":2y75m2zq said:
Other than Thomasberg, I have no idea who any of those people are. :?

Abstain :cry:

Reckon voting for the bike you like is the way forward, not just the rider you know.

Incidentally Adrian Timmis rode the TdF as part of the doomed ANC Halfords squad - total legend. Tim Gould is, well, Tim Gould, inducted into the hall of fame in 1999, the same year as Thomas Frischknecht, Paola Pezzo, Hans Rey and Regina Stiefl. Which sounds way cool to me.

Love both the Peugeot and Orange on here...

decided I'd go for the Clockwork, it was one of the reasons I picked up my first copy of MBUK, seeing Tim Davies on the front cover on his Orange...was lucky enough to get one soon after :)

Huge cudos to the Peugeot though...immaculate resto....

Rich

Amazing display of bikes again, I love the Orange, looks stunning but as Team bikes go Sinnetts Dyna-Tech has won it for me on numerous points

• The Build Detail and effort
• Still being raced today :cool:............... and in team outfit ! :cool:
• Adrian Timmis stamp on BB
• Reuniting with original Racing Rider
• How many Team MTB’s are this instantly recognisable ;)

Gravy Monster":x2gw4e2d said:
Still being raced today :cool:............... and in team outfit ! :cool:
Raced in the loosest possible way :oops: , in team outfit in the tightest possible way :D

ededwards":36ss37aw said:
utahdog2003":36ss37aw said:
Other than Thomasberg, I have no idea who any of those people are. :?

Abstain :cry:

Reckon voting for the bike you like is the way forward, not just the rider you know.

Alright then, you guilted me into it! :LOL: I was under the impression that this was sort of a combo bike/story month, but if the bike is the sole factor...I gotta go with the Panasonic. :cool:

What can I say...I'm a dirty slut for the lugged Japanese stuff. :LOL: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back