Two Tribes- MacRetro v's NE&Yorks- Thrunton Woods 6-6-09

Their all white I suppose :roll: nah that Yo is looking awesome :cool: will it be ready?

kaiser":358e2z0o said:
Their all white I suppose :roll: nah that Yo is looking awesome :cool: will it be ready?

Just waiting on a King headset from Aspire Velotech but it's been showing as 'clearing Customs-UK' for a few days so it looks like I will have to take out my wallet again before it arrives. It wouldn't be so bad but it's the added time it takes for them to send the letter etc. that gets me, especially when you pay extra for the fast shipping option.
Rooney has some nice Critical cantis for it and Gil is going to rattle off some decals and it's done. Really missed my old Yo when I sold it, so looking forward to riding one again.

Bought owt for the Wicked yet Kai?

Si

Customs sucks :evil: at least you can go and pick it up. RM charged me more than the customs fee for there services.

Nothing bought per se really need to see it before I can decide, thinking of going 1X8 or 1X7 anyway and have just secured some nice suntour thumbies. Would like to get some pimpy wheels though and perhaps some pauls canti's. :?

Anyway need to finish the Salsa first, its been sitting too long and its not far away.

kaiser":1ycrqxln said:
Customs sucks :evil: at least you can go and pick it up. RM charged me more than the customs fee for there services.

Yeah great, 52 mile round trip down the stupidly busy A1 through Newcastle at walking pace to get to the grimmest industrial estate in the world, just to be sighed at and scowled at by Samantha who has to stop texting her chav mates whilst she looks for said item as reluctantly as possible. Then hand over money to the greasy fiddling establishment and to RM (and indirectly to Samantha) as a handling charge (sorry RM, but have I not already paid you to handle my goods to my door- which they have failed to do??). Two hours out of my busy day and lighter of pocket :roll:
Great isn't it.

Si

Si... if you have gone stung from customs with a headset from aspire, give the guys a email and explain, and they should offer you a refund on some of the custom charges, I made enquiries with them prior to doing business with them and they sent me an email saying they would do this for me , think its standard practice for this company :)

Gazz, I am not sure if the ritchey is coming to thrunton, might be something else I am working on at the min.. :) , but it will be a rigid bike ;)

Really looking forward to this guys, If this place ever received any proper funding it could be made into one of the best :roll:... it rocks... I am sure once you guys have riden here , you'll be back.. be nice to do some sort of retro meet here sometime.. :idea: :)

Jack ... top skills on the video coverage.. its nice to know the trails you went on, I can get some virtual practice in :LOL: :LOL:

:?: BTW, cant believe that was actually you riding the bike, was waay to slow for you.. :? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Gazz

Don't panic my friend. You saw my level of fitness at Mabie and I'll probably be on my CroMega again anyway so rigids away!

C u next weekend unless work gets in the way

Rhys

looking forward to it too big willi- looks like it will be a top bunch of fella's and some nice trails- is there a food station near by for lunchi-poos?

Gaz,

There are a few pubs and corner shops not far away to top up food supplies/drinks/fags etc..

Looking like its going to be a top day.. looking forward to this .. :)

clockworkgazz":q5b064wu said:
looking forward to it too big willi- looks like it will be a top bunch of fella's and some nice trails- is there a food station near by for lunchi-poos?

If the Dragon is out we can have lunch at Dr S towers, I can rattle up one of my legendary Hi-carb pastas :p Kai has to call in for his Wicked F&F anyhoo.
Mind you, I might have made my 'Oh, by the way love, I'm off to Le Mans with the lads on Thursday night' bombshell announcement by then (leaving it nice and late this year) so could be under the patio with an iron shaped hole in my head by Saturday! :shock:

S(dead man walking)

Dr S":24progfa said:
clockworkgazz":24progfa said:

If the Dragon is out we can have lunch at Dr S towers, I can rattle up one of my legendary Hi-carb pastas :p Kai has to call in for his Wicked F&F anyhoo.
Mind you, I might have made my 'Oh, by the way love, I'm off to Le Mans with the lads on Thursday night' bombshell announcement by then (leaving it nice and late this year) so could be under the patio with an iron shaped hole in my head by Saturday! :shock:

S(dead man walking)

Good luck with that one- can I have the Yo if you don't make it :LOL:

Seems to be a bike swapping frenzy- kaiser getting a fat from you, I'm getting a stumpie from velo and JimiHendrix is getting a stumpie from jamie- fun and games.

Back