Fat Chance Titanium TFM006

'not much bling'......... :LOL:

awesome bike that, i knew you'd scrub that frame up nice........love it :D

btw...next bike you get really pimp it up ;)

I were in A'dam Saturday. What a beautiful day! Could have spotted you on your FAT possibly. My Champion Mondial did turn heads already. I would think that on the Ti FAT you can go relatively incognito, but on your Serotta :shock:

Anyway, nice ride your Ti FAT ...but you knew that already.

I love the retrobike decal on the seat tube !
The detail who say that the bike needs nothing else on it :LOL: :LOL:

Sweet bike… :cool: ;)

Thanks Guys!

ti-fat-man":204p7cfq said:
'not much bling'......... :LOL:

awesome bike that, i knew you'd scrub that frame up nice........love it :D

btw...next bike you get really pimp it up ;)

Well,..if bling means Anno then this is not Bling
Although there are still some "hidden" bling items because Cook Bros cranks and skewers and Chris King Titanium headset and Hubs could be bling

The next 2 project, in the following 2 to 3 months will be both more bling then this although I like the stealth looks.
The Serotta will be black and white, the other titanium frame i do not know yet...

@Jeff,..yes the Syncros Bottle looks great! :D

really nice. and yes, Fats have a special ride to them. something about geometry or tubing. who knows? fact is the handling on technical terrain, power climbing and comfort make up a bike that feels like the top of everything else.

from the build i am specially interested in that Hbar. Kolo? what is it?

Very nice Bas :cool:

At the risk of committing a kind of retrobike heresy, I have to say that for some reason my eye keeps getting drawn the fork. Maybe because it's so fat, or perhaps because it's black :? . It somehow seems to make the bike look front heavy, maybe because of the slender stays at the back. Perhaps a Yo-Eddy fork or some Tange switchblades. Possibly even an F7 fork which has the same crown and shape as the ones you have but a little slimmer. Just thinking aloud. Still bloody lovely whatever :D .

Cheers.
Dave.

Thanks Dave,

well actually, in real the fork looks really great , it looks together with the oversized titanium tubes well in proportion

FatFinal.jpg

The fork is a Tange Struts only "FAT" , these are thicker then the normal struts.
The fork handles like a dream and designed by Chris Chance for Tange so the circle is there, I won't be changing it for now, certainly not for a Tange Switchblade (i have one in my Serotta ATX) because this one looks a lot stronger (and probably is) and this one is more exclusive, i have never seen a second one myself.

Fair enough :D. Like you say nice to have the Chris Chance link too. :cool:

Looking at that last pic. I think maybe it's the black. Having said that I can't think of an alternative. Ti coloured would look a bit plain and probably wrong against the actual titanium of the frame anyway. The blue from the decals would be too much. Maybe I would get a cool custom airbrushed finish on the fork whether a simple fade or soemthing more complex. Then again maybe just black would be cool ;) :LOL:

Like I said bloody lovely whatever, and ultimately it's how it rides that matters most and from the sound of it that's spot on so :cool:

:D
Dave.

the only fork better than that would be the big one inch.
that tange was designed by chance so it has the ride characteristics to match the geometry of the frame.
forget the "aesthethics". this is a bike , a machine... not fashion.

Back