East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

rc200ti":1cma7ius said:
I'm liking that Blue Pig very much......oh dear :?

Perry you're a menace :D

Watch us all turn up on identical bikes thanks to Perry :LOL:

Thanks for the advice on the Trailstar Perry. He bought one in white and it will hit the trails soon.

I told him you were running it rigid and he was wondering what fork you used to use and what you use now?

the old ones are dmr trailblade 1 , not to be confused with the sidekick forks that have curved legs ( saucy :LOL: ) can be had for about £40 , ive been led to believe mine are the only ones they painted white , hefty at 3lbs though

the new ones are trailblade 2 , about a pound lighter , have a more classic look to them

http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=produc ... temid=FRK9

dont suppose anyone has a pata harddrive kicking around they dont need ? got a new ( old ) laptop and its pata not sata , im reluctant to get a large gb one as id like to get a ssd when they get a bit cheaper

dont suppose anyone has a pata harddrive kicking around they dont need ? got a new ( old ) laptop and its pata not sata , im reluctant to get a large gb one as id like to get a ssd when they get a bit cheaper

Don't think I can help you with this, but as I haven't a clue what a pata looks like I'm not absolutely certain.
Bit glum 'cos my meeting went on far too long therefore I didn't get to ride... its always worse when you've been building the day round it :cry:
:) Got Carol's Fire Mountain back together last night. Spent ages swapping mechs as the indexing went haywire halfway through the block, resulting in a half hour trip to the cellar expanding to two hours. The cause turned out to be a slightly bent hanger. Could do with finding a 27mm seatpost. Question: Can you shim from 27 to 26.4?

I have a 27.0mm seatpost rolling around my boot at the moment.

I had it fitted to the Cinder Cone but the frame tubing had expanded a little or worn down and it slipped a bit so I went for a 27.2mm Thomson (which doesn't have enough layback :oops: ).

It's black, with litestick written on it and it looks quite retro! It's 410mm long.

I also have the original 27.0mm seatpost from the Cinder Cone which I only took off becuse it was too short for me...

Hang on...does your post mean you have a 26.4mm seatpost knocking about then becuse I think I need one for my Fire Mountain. Again, I need one that is longer than the original 300mm one I got with it.

Could this be seat karma?

My Cinder Cone is 26.4 x 300ishmm but the later Fire Mountain is 27.0. I'm looking for another 27mm so that I can have an easy swap between Carol's saddle and my spare saddle for when I fancy taking out the FM.

I've been looking for a 26.4 as a spare. There have been a couple of 26.4mm posts in the For Sale section in the last couple of days but both have gone instantly.

I'll happily buy your 27.0 mm. :)

This was on the Ticknall loop first thing this morning. Bluebells were amazing all the way round the route. Bit blowy. 2 punctures :evil: Seem to be having a spate of them at the moment :roll: Cracking route - thanks Rob - managed to navigate it with your directions :D

spa0583.jpg

isnt it about time we had another meet at the pines ?

ill be at classic ford show at santa pod on the 31st

following weekend is ssuk09 , 6th/7th

perry":1vvrn9ra said:

Im sure I will have one.. call round after the next meet up..

Paul..

Back