Sports Casuals MM09 Virtual Training Camps - Tapering!

Re: .

mrkawasaki":1ddhknj9 said:
The Raleigh's looking fine - how are those elastomers...??

Capt K

Like brand new (I got a full rebuild kit from justbackdated) The old ones crumbled out on one side.

Just waiting for my grease gun to arrive now to keep them in tip top condition.

It rides just like my old one used to, very nice.

Me and Sinnett amongst others will be doing a 30 miler on the 25th April over Cut Gate to Howden Resr if any of the MM teamsters would like to join us- Mr K, you are not far from there- care to kick our asses over the moors??

My training is going alright- very little time at the moment. Still riding to work and back 6 days a week, singlespeeding it up the big hill out of town on a 34-16 ratio which is helping my legs a little. Also grabbing an hour to 90 mins on Sunday mornings. Will be starting the Thrunton Fortnightly night rides up again this month too which should sharpen my night vision somewhat.
I feel pretty strong and have lost around half a stone but still worried about my stamina- i still tire very easily these days. What can I do about this??

Si

Dr S":387djbpg said:
Me and Sinnett amongst others will be doing a 30 miler on the 25th April over Cut Gate to Howden Resr if any of the MM teamsters would like to join us- Mr K, you are not far from there- care to kick our asses over the moors??

That is where my photos of the Raleigh were taken on Sunday. Not as far as cutgate, but Mickleden edge. It is in my backyard so to speak.

Re: Invaders

mrkawasaki":339dj8fv said:
It's in my diary - Max and I will probably be around. Where's your start/finish point?

Mr K

Probably the car park at Langsett Resr or the car park near the Flouch Pub- will sort it a little nearer the time.

You coming along M-Trax? Always good to put names to faces.

Si

Dr S":ipowhv2e said:
mrkawasaki":ipowhv2e said:
It's in my diary - Max and I will probably be around. Where's your start/finish point?

Mr K

Probably the car park at Langsett Resr or the car park near the Flouch Pub- will sort it a little nearer the time.

You coming along M-Trax? Always good to put names to faces.

Si

I might do one way and get collected. I am not very fit. :oops:

m-trax said:
I might do one way and get collected. I am not very fit. :oops:

Will it be a big car that collects you? Any room for me?? :oops:

Its 19 years since I rode over Cut Gate and it almost killed me then- back when I was young and fit and stupid. :oops:

Cut gate is a bit of a Demon for me. On that last visit myself and three friends got caught out up there. It was February and frozen solid and the going was slow. We spent too long in the Ladybower pub at mid point and on the return, halfway across the moor the fog rolled in, followed quickly by darkness. We had no lights or warm clothing and we had not told anyone where we were. There are no lights to head towards or nothing up there. We eventually abandoned our bikes as riding was impossible. We had to grope our way down from there almost on all fours. I have never been as cold or scared in my life. We made it back to the car around midnight- severly cold, dehydrated and hungry. We hammered on the door of the Flouch Inn and called an ambulance for one of the guys who was showing signs of Hypothermia and we had a long wait trying to keep him awake until it arrived. The landlord made up beds and gave us brandies and chip butties and we slept on the pub seats. We had a very long walk next day to get our bikes back, which we thought we had hidden some way from the path, only to find them smack in the middle of it. It was a horrendous experience but taught me to respect the hills. I sure was glad to see my 17th birthday that summer.
Hopefully that hasn't put anyone off :? Should be good to exorcise both legs and demons on the 25th

Si

Commuting has been stopped dead by the decision to upgrade the showers (yay, no more showering next to the urinals!) so I've been trying to up the evening and weekend rides.

Just got back from a thoroughly enjoyable 50Km Darkside loop taking in one of the large climbs from the Trans Cambrian cyclosportive.

3431668126_b8e2e6890f_o.png

Looking back down the first climb to sea level where the ride started.
3431654808_6e4fee4cd4_b.jpg

Typical scenery once the initial climb is over with.
3431667412_1703dfd16b_b.jpg

Lucky fella- I'm stuck at work getting covered in crap. Would really like to be up in those hills instead, looks beautiful.

Back