MacRetro chat and rides thread

flushing out a cooling system :shock: - i'll be mainly sanding a bare frame, what cosmo lifes we all live :roll:

I might bring the beast out to play sunday, promise not to change gear- honest, thinking that training on that overweight monster 2.4 tyres :shock: and then jumping on the dale will make me fly like the wind :LOL:

We will need to get a meet at carron valley at some point- but we must try and persuade some other scots/retro bikers to come along- what do you say folks any countrymen/women fancy showing off their retro mounts and talking lots? riding is optional as you will find out :roll:

velomaniac":hzzzfo8n said:
I'll mostly be flushing out and replenishing the Reliants cooling system :roll:

Sorry if you know this already Velo but use a coolant/antifreeze with corrosion inhibitors in it, not all do, or you can add a seperate additive, adviseable with any alloy block/head motor, was essential in the Hillman Imp's i used to run.

finished stripping and sanding the clockwork JC, will need to wait until at least next month before I have the funds for the paint :cry: , anything else I need to prep her?

The forks had developed a very light dusting of rust after being stripped a good few weeks ago and stored in the garage- now got the frame and forks in the towel cupboard- cosy :cool:

9am still ok?

clockworkgazz":10mo43z8 said:
finished stripping and sanding the clockwork JC, will need to wait until at least next month before I have the funds for the paint :cry: , anything else I need to prep her?

The forks had developed a very light dusting of rust after being stripped a good few weeks ago and stored in the garage- now got the frame and forks in the towel cupboard- cosy :cool:

9am still ok?

Clockwork should be ok, will need going over with degreaser but i should have that there and i'll deal with any fine finishing needed.

Yeah, the bare steel is best kept indoors, dont know about your garage but mine is really bad for condensation this time of year.

9am is cooler than cool man :cool:

oil it , just wipe it over with an oily rag and itl keep the steel fresh until your ready to use it and just give it a wipe with white spirit to remove

Matters not what inhibitors are in the coolant as I'm selling the Robin.
I've realised my funds do not allow repairs and replacement parts, I'm already cash strapped as it is :(
Warning to you married types, seperation and divorce is costly :shock:

Looks like I'll be back to scooter power :roll:

Also my comedy crash at Glentress seems to have been more serious than I thought, I seem to have bruised my sternum or something as breathing and movement can be a bit painful. Getting old I suppose :roll:

Mind you I'm hitting my local trails on the SS as much as I can, I must complete at least one lap at Dalby :D

Enjoy Pollock guys.

perry":hvxve3df said:
oil it , just wipe it over with an oily rag and itl keep the steel fresh until your ready to use it and just give it a wipe with white spirit to remove

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOoooooooooooo !!! :shock: , dont put oil anywhere near it if i'm painting it.

Good idea in theory but i'd need to be ultra, ultra thorough with the degreaser and if i miss the tiniest bit the paint will fish eye, it'll need stripped off and re done and i'll be going freakin mental.

Just keep it in the warm dry house, wont be for long anyway.

perry":1z055c05 said:

cheers perry- I'm on it ;)

jimihendrix":7426bzvu said:
perry":7426bzvu said:

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOoooooooooooo !!! :shock: , dont put oil anywhere near it if i'm painting it.

Good idea in theory but i'd need to be ultra, ultra thorough with the degreaser and if i miss the tiniest bit the paint will fish eye, it'll need stripped off and re done and i'll be going freakin mental.

Just keep it in the warm dry house, wont be for long anyway.

only kidding JC- in my towel cupboard tucked up under a 12 tog duvet as clean as clean can be, just kissed it good night.

velomaniac":11nxg8fn said:
Matters not what inhibitors are in the coolant as I'm selling the Robin.
Warning to you married types, seperation and divorce is costly :shock:

Yes, but what price freedom? Liberation from the oppresion of marrage, that tiny silver shackle that weighs so heavy on my left hand. Run free brother run free!

(Mrs S stopped me from going to Sebring for the 12 hours race this weekend. I'd be visiting my lawyer on Monday but he's a pillock too!)

Si

Back