Forest of Dean THE AFTERMATH

Great day!

It was really good to meet everyone today. As Ed says: perfect conditions, great trails and fine company.

Looking forward to the next one! :D

FANTASTIC!!!... what a day.

Thanks to all best yet.

now to nurse a bloody great bruise on my butt...

A wonderful ride!

Thanks Daj for getting it in motion and to the guides for taking us along a variety of great terrain.Note to self-must get fitter :!: :oops:

Fabulous to see so many of our retro bikes out where they should be.

Bike hoarder, Searching', you guys OK?

See you all again, Matt.

Ride

Thanks daj and everyone for a good day out. Will have to do this one again . Cheers kirbdug

What an excellent day! The weather was exactly what was needed. The guiding was perfect as we got to see even more of the forest.
With names of parts of the rides such as the Roller Coastser, The Drop of Certain Death and perhaps most worryingly, The Haemorage, the ride was always going to be a good one.
I think my only complaint would be going to a pub (complete with Daisy Duke as waitress) that serves one of my all time favourite beers, Reverend James when I am sworn off alcohol. Curses, although Daisy made up for the lack of beer.
Thanks do Dave (Daj) for taking photos that still make me look very fat; I have lost weight, honest!
It was great to see some new faces including Guy and the South West crew. I think that ride had the highest rigid/cantilever ratio of any ride I have been on too!
Finally, thanks to Ed, Sheldon and Del for ripping my legs off on the final blast back to the car park. Ouch. Sheldon, I really would get your shoulder looked at. It is quite a complex joint.
Orange Ed, both 'tach and Kili Flier coped very well!

Glad everyone had a good day yesterday in the FOD. It was a pleasure to do a bit of guiding and get the old 93 Supercalibre out of its glass display cabinet :D

Can't promise the weather everytime, ( or the barmaid !!) but there's still plenty more trails out there in the FOD to have a pootle on ....... :cool:.

Hope to make the next retro meet !

ps Dave, what is the reference no for the crankset M9??

Sent you a PM with it, Look in your inbox :D

With a linky to one I have found for you ;)

I hope the weather is as good next weekend when we'll be camping it up in the FOD bike's n'all. Looks really nice in the pictures. I'm itching to get at it now.

What about some names to faces? Recognise guybe's Kona and Iwasgoodonce's Saracen( awesome carrera jeans jersey :D ) and is ededwards in the procycling gillet?

Latest posts

Back