MacRetro chat and rides thread

Looking forward to this, will need to dig out and check my single man tent, think there may be a few bits missing, five years since i last used it :shock:

Pleased you like the Manitou Velo, well aware of their reputation for being made out of old china teacups, read on the net somewhere that 8 out of 10 have cracked :cry: , it is very light for a full susser, think it'll be a 24 lb bike without trying too hard, the frame has had a hard life but is sound, i have a theory behind the cracks anyway i'll explain at the next meet ;)

Did originaly intend it to be a namby pamby, just ride around the streeets dont get it dirty semi garage queen but now i'm just going to use the bugger :D

jimi how many mani's have you saw?I wonder if the 2 of us have only ever seen the same 2?

will get reg. tomorrow as it looks like we will need to be quick- everyone camping?

Not got any ideas on the top front but "see you jimmy hats" would be good for the comedy visuals?

If you insist on the "gash" moniker Mr K, I'm going down the "Hun" route :twisted: be warned

I'll be camping, might invest in a Big bell tent which could be MacRetro HQ

I'd wear the Tunnocks top .

If I do not get registered for this event i'll be hopping mad :x

clockworkgazz":1w3b2j7g said:
If you insist on the "gash" moniker Mr K, I'm going down the "Hun" route :twisted: be warned

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: gash nizbit

I'm sure AC said his GF could embroider things too so for a fair fee we could personalise them maybe?

kaiser":3al8twu8 said:
jimi how many mani's have you saw?I wonder if the 2 of us have only ever seen the same 2?

I've seen one more than you :D , there was the new one in Dales, there was also one a friend of a friend up in Sterling had, that was around 94, remember purple on the shocks so it was probably a 92, had a wee ride of that one up and down his street, he was a Downhill racer though and the bike was a bit of a state with some big dents, probably long gone now :cry:

I too shall be camping, actually looking for a tent at the moment for next week. Bit of a pisser as i had a cracker of a vango tent with a lovely big porch to keep bikes in :evil: alas dissapeared

You guys will be passing my place en-route to Dalby so if you need any camping gear just shout- I also have a 20ft easy up gazebo/marque you can take if you want, make a great HQ. If you don't need owt you're still welcome to call in for a cuppa.

Don't forget your Ginger wigs under the C U Jimmy hats :LOL: maybe you should carry a haggis in your bottle cages too?

Si

Back