Cyclist-related litter

I'm guessing here its a tri geek, there the only ones who think over price sugar water constitutes nutrition. I usually get told off at home for washing wrappers or tin foil that a leave in my pockets. Its the McDonnalds packaging that bugs me, I have one climb that is littered with them.

Litter is one of societies' evils typical of the 'whatever' generation. My children wouldn't dream of littering as from the time they could walk they have been told to find a bin. I have seen the Dartford area but the king in that part of the world is where the M20 joins the M25/26.
As I'm still in the weight loss mode of riding at the moment, I drink only water and take no food. I do feel a little depleted after 40 miles though. Then it will be time to invest in banana importers!

Whats in those gel things? Is it a load of techno babble and simple sugars that make you strong for 20 minutes or so and then hit you with a massive insulin negative feedback?

As for the litter. Set Bill Bryson on them!

I suspect it's a few of everyone. I have heard a lot of people griping about inner tubes left by the road / trailside. Pity I've never seen any as I'd take 'em home and repair them! :D

But there are undoubtedly a mindless minority who do just dump their trash.

To be honest I dont think it matters if you are a biker, runner, walker, fisherman, etc etc ..... you will get people that care and get people who dont give a shit and will dump there rubbish .... We used to fish some stunning rivers miles from anywhere .... really at one with nature and you will find some arsehole has left his days crap on the bank tossers

I'd say it's joggers. Cyclist tend have water bottles. Never tried eating a banana while moving on the bike. Peeling them is the problem for me. :oops:

The blame falling on bikers is Matthew Parris' fault after his piece in the Times last year. A pieec for which he had to publish an apology but the mud will have stuck.

My gripe at present is inner tubes by the road side or on the trail. There is no question who these belong to and I wonder why the pillocks cannot take them home with them.

I moaned at a kid outside our local Co-op dropping his sweet wrappers and him and his mate looked at me like I was from another planet.

The big scandal in my parish at the moment is small bags of dog sh*t hanging on fence posts, hedges and even high up in trees. It seems that there is a mentality amongst a certain number of dog walkers that bagging it up is all that is needed, and they expect someone else to remove the small perfumed bags left behind to decorate the paths and lanes.
Dirty b*st*rds!

ive seen those :LOL:

must be a common thought process that makes people think lifting it from the ground makes it disappear . at least the bin men dont put the bins up on bricks and carry on to the next house

imagine someone from another country out for a walk " why do these people tie bags of poo to trees :? "

" ah , its a cultural thing , like throwing your rubbish at someone and proclaiming , you were last to touch it , its yours now "

Back