Toaday's tip find: Ti Raleigh 753 'Quiz of the day'

John":34vnxh7s said:
legrandefromage":34vnxh7s said:
John":34vnxh7s said:
Might be worth asking some q's here > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI_RALEIGH_TEAM_PROS/

some knowledgeable people on team pros!

'Tis done.
any feedback? And are you going to chop the rack mounts off? DIY or pro spray?

Those mounts are coming off - I rattle can quite well so as most of my bike budget was blown on the Merckx, this will be a cheapy job.

No feedback from the site just yet.

Bloody quick reply - its from 1985 and was still available in black and red so that settles it.

As to what Reynolds decals - dont know yet.

Very quick reply -

1985 and the black & red colour scheme was available as an option so thats what I'm going to do.

Sorry for the delay in replying to this post - I've only just joined and read it !
My Raleigh Team 753 was custom built for me in February 1985 (ordered in Nov'84) and I specified various things (it was a Time Trial Special).
27.2mm seat post fitting.
Cinelli solid bottom bracket shell with cable guides over the top.
Non drilled Campag dropouts.
Allen key brake bolt fittings - Also short reach fitting.
Number holder.
Team Raleigh Panasonic colour scheme.
Campag Super Record headset - however it came fitted with an alloy EDCO headset - wasn't to happy about that - so I replaced it ! :(
I kitted it all out in Campag Super Record and put Mavic SSC rims on and used it for many years - I still have it today !
Oh yes - the frame number - SB7334 ! Just one before yours ;)

mercs600":2m3zw3ag said:
Sorry for the delay in replying to this post - I've only just joined and read it !
My Raleigh Team 753 was custom built for me in February 1985 (ordered in Nov'84) and I specified various things (it was a Time Trial Special).
27.2mm seat post fitting.
Cinelli solid bottom bracket shell with cable guides over the top.
Non drilled Campag dropouts.
Allen key brake bolt fittings - Also short reach fitting.
Number holder.
Team Raleigh Panasonic colour scheme.
Campag Super Record headset - however it came fitted with an alloy EDCO headset - wasn't to happy about that - so I replaced it ! :(
I kitted it all out in Campag Super Record and put Mavic SSC rims on and used it for many years - I still have it today !
Oh yes - the frame number - SB7334 ! Just one before yours ;)

Wow - thats cool. Many thanks. The frame has a new owner and is very happy with it.

Latest posts

Back