1994 orange clockwork at 9.46kg

Pfennig":2vawh5ag said:
a tad too much gold for my liking, each to their own tho!

You can't have too much gold!

Attachments

• overgold.jpg
    overgold.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 854
Clockwork

Sorry but just doesn't look right at all. Too much modern on a classic frame.
Could be a lighter build too! Needs more Brit Kit on it, bet Lester is cringing if he's seen this!

I kind of like this. ddidds has taken an idea to the extreme and carried out it out rather well.

Why not a Prestige frame though!

Re: Clockwork

Wold Ranger":pv8euebg said:
Sorry but just doesn't look right at all. Too much modern on a classic frame.
Could be a lighter build too! Needs more Brit Kit on it, bet Lester is cringing if he's seen this!

Archangel":pv8euebg said:
ddidds":pv8euebg said:
because i am weight weenie

Then why on earth do you have that Orange frame and Spinergys? 9,46kg is pretty heavy with lightweight parts like Tune.

given the fact that this is still a steel frame with quite a lot of old parts, mainly parts that would bring down the weight considerably(frame, wheels, tyres) @9.46kg it is not too bad.
if i had a 1.2kg carbon frame and a 1.2 kg wheelset and a set of 0.7 kg schwalbe tyres ....it would have been 7.46kg, not to mention that although tune are top end parts they are not the lightest ;)

John":pv8euebg said:
I kind of like this. ddidds has taken an idea to the extreme and carried out it out rather well.

Why not a Prestige frame though!

honestly, being my first project, i heard about the prestige only after i already bought and started working on the clockwork and after another while i found out that the prestige is the lighter tange equipped frame...
at the same time it's kind of funny you mentioned this because i am still not 100% sure if this is a clockwork or a prestige. the one who sold it to me claimed it was a clockwork , but the 1993/94 clockwork and prestige look the same to me (at least they do so in the brochure) and the people over at orange couldn't tell for sure if it was a clockwork or a prestige judging by the serial number provided.

Good point. I got my 1991 Clockwork/Prestige BITD direct from a worker at Orange factory. I have still no idea what it was. Naturally it was stickered as a prestige :D And I know it was an awesome bike. no bike has touched it since for performance. Marin, Muddy Fox or Raleigh don't seem to have the same zing, maybe its just me.

Back