Bars Ends ID

Only a guess that they may be syncros, but don't remember ever seeing any that shape, they just remind me of the sterhorns in the way they attach

Hmmmm, I'm gonna guess at Moots, but did consider Igleheart Bar Gnats, they look pretty early whatever brand they are :D

Cheers
Stu

89Onza1Ad.jpg

689Bold.jpg

The boy's a winner - in record time too!

So who made the first true bar end and in what year? Are these rarer than Onza Ti versions - I hadn't seen any before?

Mr K

Re: .

mrkawasaki":2zyr1z71 said:
The boy's a winner - in record time too!

So who made the first true bar end and in what year? Are these rarer than Onza Ti versions - I hadn't seen any before?

Mr K

I cheated slightly as I have been looking to get some age correct bar ends for my latest build recently and was looking at the MOMBAT timeline page only a week or so ago. Ended up finding some NOS onza steel bar ends from 91 that fitted the bill perfectly and they used the exact same end cap.

I'd say they were rarer than Ti's as I've never seen a set on offer, even back in the day the first I saw were the 2nd gen quill steel ones rather than these.

As far as the earliest ones, if we assume MTB ones as similar things have been used on road bikes back into history, I'd say Moots, 84/85? with their lovely wooden ones!

Back