Ti Fat

He's a shot of my even earlier Ti Fat just to show how good those welds are in comparison!

ypc6f6.jpg

Stunning frame. Not wanting to sound critical, to my eye the forks and front hub do not sit well with the Ringle stuff, King headset, Stickers and even bar tape, all of which compliment each other beautifully! And surely a frame of that calibre should be graced with suitable cantis? ;)

'Stunning frame. Not wanting to sound critical, to my eye the forks and front hub do not sit well with the Ringle stuff, King headset, Stickers and even bar tape, all of which compliment each other beautifully! And surely a frame of that calibre should be graced with suitable cantis?'

The forks are Judy SL's and used to have yellow sliders. (I think the blue ones look much better)

The hub I had new when I bought the frame from Evolution Imports (so its nice to keep the two together).

Yeh, you got me on the cantis! I up-dated the brakes when the XTR 'V's first came out. I've still got the old XTR cantis in the shed! I must pop them back on when I have a moment....

John.W.H":1uxgj2zs said:
OMG!! :?

You sure thats a Fat ??

Cheeky sausage! Mines a very early one with the sleeved chainstays and downtube - remember that these were amongst the first Ti mountain bikes and Fat's Ti welding experience and talent wasn't quite up there with their steel know-how:

yesaz5.jpg
yesazs.jpg

Decals are a little odd, they are Fatlanta decals made for the Atlanta olympics. I popped them on after the originals had died the death of a thousand scratches

Hello John,

That is a very pretty bike you have there. Congrats with be being owner (enjoyer) of such a stunning piece ! Early Ti Fat is absolutely among the most desirable Fats (can we think of non desirable Fats btw :? )

you lucky lucky man :) . very nice bike mate :!:
if it was mine i would look at changing the v brakes to some nice blue cantis, im really liking the blue machinetech hubs. :cool:

Latest posts

Back