SEROTTA ATX; finally finished ,....T.G.!

The frame is going to be repainted; would colour would you make the frame?

• black (onyx) with black decals with white outline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simple white with white decals with black outline

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The original paintjob; purpe metallic with fluor yellow decals

• Slate (that is the grey one)

• Pink with blue decals

• Green with yellow decals

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Platinum with white decals

• Total voters
Build complete

Hi Guys,

Not often a project gets finished with all the initial parts someone had in mind before they started, fortunately i can tell you that I did.
As of today the Serotta is finally finished, and i can tell you, not because it is mine but when i now look at it, that is a hell of a bike!

2 weeks ago i won the ebay auction for the Paul front mech conversion kit, to make the top pull i won earlier on ebay usa into a down pull.
Funny thing is that i received an email from a german Paul mech owner last week who has the same problem but the other way around so we could make the swap and i wouldn't have had to bid on the ebay parts but to late.
Because i have these left as spares now i will help him out and swap the parts anyway.

Well, this is the result, hope you guys like it.
I can only think of one upgrade and that is the Seatpost, Mel has to sell me the post he was talking about this weekend ;) just let me know mel ;)

1 thing i do not want to know; what the bike cost me in the meantime... :LOL:

4.jpg

3.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

Very nice indeed.

Just curious - did you pick the middle chainring to be so big for a reason, or couldn't you find a smaller Syncros to fit? I realise that might read like a nitpick. It's not.

one-eyed_jim":3hgxb1mq said:
Very nice indeed.

Just curious - did you pick the middle chainring to be so big for a reason, or couldn't you find a smaller Syncros to fit? I realise that might read like a nitpick. It's not.

With a reason, i always ride thé big ring in the front, and just like the middle one to be a bit smaler. I never ride this one only in amsterdam so i do not need a smaler middle ring.
Might look a bit strange, more race then mtb but it works for me.

Wow, this is really one of the best ever seen!

Cant find a thing that I would have changed ore made a different colour :D

Back