My posh road wheels - Hope Ti content

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
*** Mods: please move if this goes into the wrong section ***

Here's a few pics of a wheelset that I've owned for over 10 years now (though they're a bit older than that) but haven't ridden since I last raced, maybe 5 years ago. Road racing in Belgium is far harder than it was in the UK or US, where there's something for everyone; here everyone wants to be the next Merckx.

I got them with an old Cannondale which I bought from a LBS-owning mate - that bike was nicked in 2000 but with the training wheels on. They've survived three builds since on the promise that I'll get back into racing ... and then reality dawned ... :oops:

Beautiful blue Hope Ultralight front and Ti-Glide rear, both laced 32-spoke onto Campagnolo Omega sprint rims. Front is laced 2-cross with Ti-dye spokes, rear uses stainless spokes, 3-cross on drive side and 2-cross on non-drive side.

Front has a Continental Competition 22 with loads of tread left, while the rear has a fairly worn Conti sprinter 250. I have a pair of X-Lite (I think, will check to be sure) skewers, blue ano with Ti skewers. Also a 12-23 9-speed Ultegra cassette which I removed to show the condition of the Ti freehub.

I really have no idea what to value this wheelset at, and am in negotiations with a couple of guys over a possible sale. I'd much rather see them being raced - or at least ridden - than gathering dust in the cellar, but don't want to sell them short.

Any suggestions as to value much appreciated. I'm posting here to make sure the experts see them but as I said at the top, the mods should move it if inappropriate.

Cheers, Gareth.

Attachments

• IMG_3989.JPG
    IMG_3989.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_3988.JPG
    IMG_3988.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_3987.JPG
    IMG_3987.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 670
more pics

A couple more detailed shots:

Attachments

• IMG_3992.JPG
    IMG_3992.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_3991.JPG
    IMG_3991.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_3990.JPG
    IMG_3990.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 669
44 views and no opinions yet?! :shock: Must be the seasonal cheer preventing anyone from letting rip.

Anyways, they're for sale now, see here.

Also a nice old carbon frame and Spinergy wheel here

Cheers, Gareth.

Back