GT Zaskar project nearly there !!

Still needing those outdoors snaps :D inspired me to start again with a frame I've had lying around, caustic washed last night and started with a 240 grit :shock: emery cloth. It was a bit scratched up and pitted and all I was doing before was trying to polish the figurative turd. :D

Ha ha ha .... You really can polish the proverbial turd, and I think we have all proved it on here !! I Really do love the Zaskar now but its become a bit of an obsession this one !!

Still waiting for period decals to be sent from the States at the mo and lastly some clear grips and XTR cable set !! Once its all arrived ill carry on, give it a ride out and take some more Proper pics !! ;)

Inspiring others can only be a good thing :D Keep it up fella. Will pay off in the end !!

i've been thinkin about doin something to tart up my very tired lookin kona. have been confused about these weird marks that seem to have appeared up n down the top n seat tubes. is this salt staining you talk of?

Attachments

• bad.JPG
    bad.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 960
albash82":h83a43vx said:
i've been thinkin about doin something to tart up my very tired lookin kona. have been confused about these weird marks that seem to have appeared up n down the top n seat tubes. is this salt staining you talk of?

I will bet that is surface corrosion migrating under the clearcoat. If you can flake the clear off, you can polish up those marks. I have a Proflex 956LE with the same look.

I agree with Shovelon ;-) Corrosion under the laquer !! Perhaps a little paint stripper, some good polishing and a new coat of clear :)

delboy - i think it looks great, thanks for the explanation.

whether i try this on the rear section of my lts is another story tho!

i'm too scared it'll go wrong

No..... Brave it fella !! You'll do fine ;-) Just make sure to go through the grades of paper with not too big a step !! My grade steps were fairly big, and like a few mentioned you can always finish of with up to 2000 grit which practically brings the bike to a near polish finish anyhow !! :)

Go for it bud .... You want bullsy, im gonna strip my mint Coral Reef Klein Attitude if I cant find another doner bike !!! Ive always wanted to give a Klein a true custom airbrush paint job of my own :)

Did this to my Dads Motorbike last year for a bit of fun and its given me the confidence to do the push bike next :)

p.s Thanks for the nice feedback :) always great to hear !!!

Attachments

• kwaker.jpg
    kwaker.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 932
Back