Selling bikes

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Pretty much decided to sell my Stumpie FSR. Through the years bits and bobs have been added with no concern for aesthetics, more to fit the function required. So my question is, I have all the original stuff should I clean and fix up as its standard build? Just punt it as is? Or spilt? And is this a good or bad time of year for selling? Can wait a while, no desperate need for cash but want to downsize a bit(before no doubt upsizing again :LOL: )

What think you?

Hope this isn't misinterpreted as a for sale thread coz it isn't.

Pics :) , on second thoughts hold the pics, if i see it i'll want it and this hobby is starting to scare me :D , as Jez says probably better/easier to sell if you split it.

:shock: that's the best bike out of your collection and alot of people really like that bike, you will regret it.

Why people build up the perfect bike after hard work and spending alot of money on it and then go sell it afterwards? it's too good to be ridden off road and afraid to damage the bike?

Good luck whatever you do, aleast put the bike on BOTM next month.

split.

sold a couple of bikes recently and prices are down. however components appear to be holding value. supply and demand I suppose, easier to justify a smaller spend at present.

Best time of the year selling I think. To compare I have my roadbike for sale for month yet, like new and absurd low priced but not even a single person has tabbed the advert.

Mountainbikers buy in the autumn, winter, rodies buy in spring/summer.
That is without financial sh#t at the mo.

Would say split the bike, brings out the best money.....

Cheers guys, split it is then. Looks pretty unanimous, makes sense too as I would have stripped it before putting it back together too.

guybe":34czlub8 said:
:shock: that's the best bike out of your collection and alot of people really like that bike, you will regret it.

Why people build up the perfect bike after hard work and spending alot of money on it and then go sell it afterwards? it's too good to be ridden off road and afraid to damage the bike?

Good luck whatever you do, aleast put the bike on BOTM next month.

Guy its not the stumpie in my sig, its a 99 full suspension job. Had a hoot at Glentress on a relativley lowly hardtail GT and loved it. More suits my style( slow :LOL: ).Allez allez retro for me :)

Just sold a top end road frame on the bay buy it now in less than a day,then sold a Cannondale full suss bike in less than an hour!Definatley a good time to sell,credit crunch?

Back