52cm x 53cm A.L.A.N. carbon road bike

ignatzcatz

Dirt Disciple
This is a 52cm carbon ALAN road bike built up with very useable components. It would suit the slightly smaller rider or perhaps a female rider as the top tube is a modest 53cm and the 3ttt stem is a shortish 9.5cm. The chainset and brakes are Shimano, the rear mech is Suntour, front mech being Campag chorus. The bars are super champ ergo with new carbon tape, seatpin and saddle - no idea, just out of the parts box. The seatpin is 25mm however. Wheels are Miche hubs with mismatch rims, rear is a Mavic Sup, front a Mavic M40 but they look about the same, tyres are excellent Michelin Dynamic sport. If you have the legs this is a fast bike, in it's day it was deemed very light and still is today. All yours for £500.

Attachments

• DSCN2509.JPG
    DSCN2509.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,029
  • DSCN2510.JPG
    DSCN2510.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,029
  • DSCN2516.JPG
    DSCN2516.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,029
  • DSCN2517.JPG
    DSCN2517.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,029
Re:

crikey been a while since I saw one of these. Had one myself but unfortunately the aluminium cracked :( . In fact it's the only one I've seen other than mine.

Re:

I've successfully tig welded cracks in alloy Alans. The head tube and the seat lug are the usual candidates for repair often caused by idiots forcing incorrect headsets and seatpins in. You do have to minimise heat build up or you will disturb the factory adhesive but you can more often save the frames.
Also on any Alan it is always a Good Idea to tap out the bottom bracket which are notorious for picking up pieces of aluminium thread and giving the seat pin a mild clean up with the reamer due to differing internal dimensions of the tubes and the lugs. But all in all they are just beautiful frames and a particular favourite of mine.

Attachments

• SANY0079.JPG
    SANY0079.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 1,004
Back