Orange E3 before/after

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Made some recent changes to my E3, fitted a black 150mm Syncros stem in place of the 120mm silver Ringle, changed the cheap carbon bars for a pair of black Control tech's, also ditched the red wall tyres for black wall Panaracers, Trailblaster on rear, Fire XC front

Before changes

e3built.jpg

After, i think it now look's cleaner and less fussy,

e3-2.jpg

Going to be getting proper stickers for it though as these ones are fading fast :roll: , also some Syncros stickers for the (Kalloy) seatpin to match the stem.

Using the bike daily for work/commuting at the moment but may need to stop as the salt on the roads is eating into the frame :(

Nice.

I put a set of black walled WTB Nanoraptors on my Elite to start with, but the bike just didn't look right without a bit of skin :LOL: . Seemed too dull :? .

I preferred the red walled Panaracer's, but amber walled has got to be the way :cool: .

Dave.

Cheers for the comments ;)

The red wall Panaracers were an impulse buy, i liked them at
first but i found they got grubby looking in a short time along with that
red chainstay protector which soon went in the bin :?

Anyway things move fast in the JH retro household, the bike is
now stripped, most bits transfered onto the Sunn frame,
considering spraying the E3 orange/white fade and building it as a
single speed :)

was just about to wax lyrical about how sweet the bike looks and then read you have canabalised it, so prob won't bother now....... ;)

Looked great BTW and would love to see the sunn but only if you keep it longer than 2 weeks before stripping and building a new frame. :LOL:

clockworkgazz":264p2bst said:
was just about to wax lyrical about how sweet the bike looks and then read you have canabalised it, so prob won't bother now....... ;)

Looked great BTW and would love to see the sunn but only if you keep it longer than 2 weeks before stripping and building a new frame. :LOL:

Yeah, stripped it yesterday, the weather was rubbish and i was bored :LOL:

It'll be back far better, it's an ideal candidate for a single speed
due to the cable stop issue the frame has, also miss the orange/white paint of the clockwork.

Still not totaly convinced on single speeds but going to try it with this
bike and see how it goes, can always sell the bits if i dont fancy it :)

The Sunn is looking great, still got chainrings and a front mech to
sort but it's nearly there :cool:

I have a slightly battered pace 42 (I think if you want?) in fact will go home tonight and do a list of stuff for pot. swaps at glentress, kaiser suggested this in the glentress thread- V good idea :cool:

Latest posts

Back