Schwinn Paramount Series 90 - 1992

Re:

Sooo, the forks arrived from CTK. Nice, light Spinner jobs. I then weighed the stems I had. Since the steerer on the new forks was longer, I could fit a canti hanger, meaning I no longer needed one with cable routing. In the end, I re-fitted the Zoom one. The bike is too big for me, so the Keirin may go on at a later date.

Attachments

• Stem_ICR.jpg
    Stem_ICR.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Stem_Keirin.jpg
    Stem_Keirin.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 271
  • Stem_Zoom.jpg
    Stem_Zoom.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 271
  • Forks_scales.jpg
    Forks_scales.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 271
Re:

Forks in, brakes set-up. I added a bit of inner tube around the headset to keep the cack out.

In the flesh, the blue forks are actually a good match to the blue of the decals.

Attachments

• Done_4.jpg
    Done_4.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 272
  • Done_3.jpg
    Done_3.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Done_2.jpg
    Done_2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 272
  • Done_1.jpg
    Done_1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 272
Re:

Specs: Schwinn Paramount Series 90 (1992)

Frame: Tange Prestige tubing, lugged and brazed. Drop-chainstay design.
Stem: Zoom 110 mm
Headset: Unbranded 1 1/8"
Fork: Spinner True Temper OX
Handlebars: Ritchey ForceLite
Seat post: Ritchey
Seat post QR: unbranded
Sanddle: Bontrager titanium

Front Hub: Shimano Deore LX
Rear Hub: Shimano Deore LX
Quick Releases: Shimano Deore LX
Cassette: Shimano Deore LX
Rims: Matrix Voodoo
Spokes: Stainless
Tubes: Unknown
Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC Pro 1.8 (rear) / Trailblaster 2.1 (front)

Brake Levers: Suntour XC Comp
Brake calipers: Shimano STX RC (de-stickered)
Brake pads: Ritchey
Shifters: Suntour XC Pro thumbshifters
Rear Mech: Suntour XC Pro
Front Mech: Suntour XC Pro
Chainset: Suntour XC Pro
Crank bolts: Suntour
Bottom bracket: unknown
Chain: Shimano HG70
Pedals: VP aluminium / Shimano PD-M540

Bottle cage: Schwinn Paramount

Weight (less pedals): 23 lbs

Re:

A little digging revealed that the original stem: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Schw ... :rk:1:pf:0

was made by Kalloy…. so on the hunt for one now! Shipping a genuine (Paramount branded) one from the US, given the budget nature of this build isn't really practical.

SP

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Oh shite - I’ve got a gate coming my way from Longun which is bigger than that, in fact it’s so big it’s in the size Mike Muz “should” be riding

Oh well I’m still going to clean it up and bring it to Mayhem - just a shame you won’t be bringing this one ^

The thread made for a good read and mucho impressed with you achieved from such modest beginnings

Onwards and upwards :D

Re:

It breaks me riding it, the first couple of short rides were fine, but over 3 hours it is just too long / too much pain. It would have been good at Mayhem, I did consider doing a local winter race series on it, but alas it'll never happen....

Latest posts

Back