Awesome Foursome Part 1 - Formula 1

It was suggested the braking performance alone increased by some 30% due to the increased stiffness of the rear triangle and the way it was fabricated.
This is something i have little doubt about, given the performance of the design when i compare mine to the D.O.G.S, but then both Roberts and Bontrager both knew what they were doing when they used this design until the end.

Deb Murrell Pictured riding the third Incarnation of the Formula One with its increased wall thickness to take care of business, Other changes taking place like external cable routing etc etc.

Attachments

• FORMULA QUASAR. DEB MURRELL..jpg
    FORMULA QUASAR. DEB MURRELL..jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 284
With all her racing successes under her belt, new sponsors couldnt get there quick enough.

But despite all this, sadly she wasn't getting paid. And at points was having to fund the whole thing herself, the entry fees the accommodation, the travel expenses, even fixing broken equipment.

Did she give up, did she Bolox.....She raced anyway, and won but doing it on her terms, wearing a plain black race kit, devoid of any sponsors logos...!!!

They dont make em like they use too....Shes still a hero in my book.

Attachments

• Deb Murrell%2C Formula%2C Quasar. in plain black kit%2C and thats another story..jpg
    Deb Murrell%2C Formula%2C Quasar. in plain black kit%2C and thats another story..jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 280
Great info and pictures, as always, thanks for sharing :cool:

cool history. But that last picture makes it look like she has hairy legs. Or is it my screen :LOL:

tintin40":2yg3u3re said:
cool history. But that last picture makes it look like she has hairy legs. Or is it my screen :LOL:

And your point is ?

Anyway back to the bike, I’ve just clocked the Sunset Rims :cool: must really compliment the flip paint

Re:

Wonderful, always had a soft spot for Formulas, great history there too

tintin40":36xamz7f said:

She had come off, and had a hard landing on her left hand side, its mud that your seeing..

She was never one to blame her tools though, she said it was rider error, but we new she was still having on going issues with the Quasar forks. And despite the ongoing sponsor issues she always had a level of decorum.

Apologies for the thread hi jack here

Question for Carl

Given you mention sponcership Can I ask what the tie up was with Deb and Nichol Trading

Were they the importers of Quasar

Retro Spud":h8mdtjjz said:
Apologies for the thread hi jack here

Question for Carl

Given you mention sponcership Can I ask what the tie up was with Deb and Nichol Trading

Were they the importers of Quasar

Im unsure what level of support NTI were giving whether it was components, apparel, funding etc, there would have been some element of equipment though, but NTIs portfolio was always increasing and changing, especially by the time the above images were taken. The Quasar forks wouldn't have been imported as they were British made and sold By Quasar Racing, from memory they were based in Dudley.

Back