Alpinestars TiMega

flyingwelshman":1exjd245 said:
Sidekick416":1exjd245 said:
Elev12k":1exjd245 said:
Nice one :cool: I spotted a quite similar specced one on a Swiss classified site recently.

I have one myself. Specced with Ti AS fork, Ti AS stem and carbon AS bars. The machined stainless steel seatclamp is about that heavy that it undoes all weightsaving gained with the nicely made (and expensive) frame :LOL:

HI Kev..

did they ever make a ti post ?? i only managed to get a stem and a carbon bar.. searching for the forks n seatpost

Yes and it was shite

Shit* !! realy ??!!

why ??

flyingwelshman":3ehw55lc said:
Sidekick416 said:
HI Kev..

did they ever make a ti post ?? i only managed to get a stem and a carbon bar.. searching for the forks n seatpost

Yes and it was shite
[/quote]

:LOL: there speaks the vioce of wisedom and experience! What were they like to ride/race?

flyingwelshman":17bzk7ow said:
Sidekick416":17bzk7ow said:
Elev12k":17bzk7ow said:
Nice one :cool: I spotted a quite similar specced one on a Swiss classified site recently.

I have one myself. Specced with Ti AS fork, Ti AS stem and carbon AS bars. The machined stainless steel seatclamp is about that heavy that it undoes all weightsaving gained with the nicely made (and expensive) frame :LOL:

HI Kev..

Yes and it was shite

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: theres a career as a critic just round the corner :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

pete_mcc":3e2zko79 said:
flyingwelshman":3e2zko79 said:
Sidekick416 said:
HI Kev..

Yes and it was shite

:LOL: there speaks the vioce of wisedom and experience! What were they like to ride/race?
[/quote][/quote]

Seat moved as the cradle could not be tightened enough - probably got one here somewhere. The TI Mega was a nice bike to ride as it was quite light and gave me a physocological boost when I first got it as it was I think the only one in the UK in 1991. I raced a TI Mega all through 1992 - had two one race bike and one spare. Spare is still mint ;) ;) A big bonus was the TI finish as my poor race bike did a fair bit of air travel in 92 so getting paint scratched or chipped was not an issue.

kaiser":21dtm2my said:
flyingwelshman":21dtm2my said:
Sidekick416":21dtm2my said:
Elev12k":21dtm2my said:

HI Kev..

Yes and it was shite

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: theres a career as a critic just round the corner :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Say it as it is!! makes my bosses uncomfortable sometimes though :LOL: :LOL:

Hello and greetings from Germany!
I just found this older post of yours about your Alpinestars Timega frameset... I am very interested if you still own it and if you could eventually imagine selling it. I am looking forward to hear from you! Wishing you all the best! Marc

Back