Wedding Music - *****Don't not read :-)*****

porkypaw":14b8bif6 said:
Have a listen at Pachelbel Canon in Dmajor (not the rock version) for vows and stuff.
I don't know how good your uncle is on guitar but Recuerdos de la Alhambra by Tarrega is worth a look.
I know you don't want rock but check out Sailing Ships by Gomez on
U tube (Whitesnake orignally) it's also easier to play ;)
Another guitar piece - U tube Sungha Jung playing More Than Words, thats it I'll go away now :?

My girlfriend of 13yrs and I got married last March and we had (please dont spew) a selection of classical music playing while the room was filling up.
For the signing we had SnowPatrols chasing cars and for our leaving the room we had Nat King Cole, Let There be Love.

We didnt have a reception as such, we had a fecking gret party in a marquee in the back garden (pictures available if you need inspiration) with a hog-roast and a chocolate fountain for pud. We did a couple of little speeches first, then a bit of grub then the mother of all parties with (get this, Im quite proud of myself for getting this) Dave Peerce as the DJ playing a host of early 90's dance music. We also did a beer run and bought a load of beer and wine and put on a free bar, cheaper than hiring one in tbh.

Maybe not everyones taste but we loved it, as did everyone else Im told??

If you want a copy of the CD I compiled, please just let me know.....

How's about Beautiful South - "Don't marry her, fk me" lol - best get worried if an ex g/f turns up with a boogie box banging that one out :LOL:

The wife walked in to the usual wedding march.

Her cousin sang Angels by Robbie Williams while we did the registers etc...

Had something different for walking out.....

..... from the John Williams Soundtrack songbook.....

....main theme from Indiana Jones ;-)

TBH Didn't really sound too clear on the church organ ;-(

A friend's wife walked into Star Wars, (main theme).

nb Keep the Imperial March in reserve for the mother in law ;-)

Still have the soundtrack songbook / score somewhere......

Cheers M.

Back