Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Here's my 92 kili racer, some pics already on retro bike, but feel I've got to put my name on the list of saracen lovers.

Might ask the missis if she'll bury me with it :LOL:

Attachments

• kili.jpg
    kili.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 3,643
Marmite King":1qzpo8em said:
Here`s a picture of my 19.5" Kili Racer 1992................am trying to sell it but can`t get the interest :( :?:

I had one of these - it was mint! I swapped it for a cannondale R300 roadbike which was promtly squashed by a car....

Here is mine:

P1010054.jpg

More info here>>>> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32584

Tis a 1997 Saracen Kili

Love it
;)

I think my Tufftrax project might have lift off! :p :p :p

Has anyone had a word in Gil's ear about the 1989-90 Decal sets??

Cheers
Si

Dr S":9h9m5k3w said:
I think my Tufftrax project might have lift off! :p :p :p

Has anyone had a word in Gil's ear about the 1989-90 Decal sets??

Cheers
Si

Would they be like the ones on Heathy's Kili? I was going to but then lost my job. Don't know if two sets would be cheaper (not to mention more convienient for Gil), but I would be up for splitting the costs.

Question is though, would the sets be the same?

first Mountain Bike - mass-produced in Britain

Which was the first Mountain Bike mass-produced in Britain?

Raleigh Bomber? 1981 (I don’t think so). They were American style Beach Cruisers. Only three speed hub gears, calliper brakes and small frame/seat Designed for teenagers who were outgrowing their BMX bikes.

Early 1984 F.W. Evans ATB/Saracen ATB? (Manufactured by Bluemels).
In 1983, Richard Ballantine asked London bike shop F.W. Evans Cycles to build up some Ritchey frames he had brought from the U.S. for a Saharan expedition. They were curios and persuaded Bluemels to build some bikes based on what they had learnt. The resulting FW Evans ATBs were silver and branded under the shops own marque. The Bluemels’ own Saracens bikes were identical, apart from being painted black.

The other early British made bike was the Dawes Ranger.

neilypullsawheelie":244c1jqn said:
My first mountain bike was a Saracen 'special edition' (whatever that meant). Bought new in 1992/3 for about £350 It was nowt flash but I loved it. Got no pics but it is in the father in laws garage as I gave it to him a few years back. Hoping sometime he might get sick of it and I'll nab it back to tidy up.

I have a "special Edition", it seemed to be a parts bin raid, but I loved it! Mine is sitting at my Mum's house slowly rusting. I really need to sort it out! I have some pics that I will put up tomorrow, it's a sad sight! :cry:

Back