An early heads up for the Real Ale Wobble Nov 15/16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just me + 1 everyone else is chickening out.

So what are the plans route length wise

Were aiming to get there before registration closes on Friday but all depends on traffic.

you can only register sat a.m. I think unless you do it remotely in advance (off the website I think). Last year we did it in advance thinking we'd save a queue - turns out pre-registered was a much longer queue :roll:

Doesn't mention that on the website... but then it's hardly the most detailed! Doesn't really make much difference though - as long as we're there Fri night, we've got to get up Sat am anyway for a 'bike ride' or something, so I heard...

What's the deal with the camping - do you have to pay on the gate (if so, any idea how much?), is space likely to run out, is there water & loos etc...

camping is rough and ready - park up (see maps on earlier pages) and put tent where you can. There are some changing rooms at the other end of the playing fields, but I've never used them myself so can't vouch. Otherwise it's the pubs in town for loos, wash basins etc ;)

Doesn't cost anything though. Well, not in all the years I've been going - sod's law it'll change sometime...

Personally I sleep in the back of my car (parked with all the others at the playing fields) as the boot's long enough. Means the bike's locked up safe with me too on the front seats :D

Town's got 3 pubs, a takeaway, cafe, Spar and maybe even a cashpoint, but Spar does cashback for a small fee I seem to remember. Oh and it has a bike shop slightly out of town (1/2 mile) - you can hire bikes there too I think. Pretty basic from memory though.

Nice one :)

I'll almost certainly be in the Caddy, so I'd best get a nice secure bike rack built - I've been planning to for blimmin ages so it's kinda good to have an excuse to get the welder out sooner rather than later!

I know at least one other person mentioned doing this single speed so just thought i would see how many are?

Having just realised that the last proper off roading i did was the redbull run when i was 16 (27 now) this could be interesting.

Oh well camel back primed with ale and i shouldnt feel the pain!!! :roll:

Also those of you who have done it before do you normally just get take away grup or take a stove etc? Can we get away with making a fire or is it a bit crowded? (just thinking ahead as my experience of wales is always either wet and cold or very wet and absolutely bloody freezing!)

you'll be all right with a stove, but a fire's out of the question. There's a take away in town plus a Spar and the pubs do food too.

Skinny tyres & new (disc) pads now on the 856 - I could go for anything down to a fully rigid single-speed, but I'm not feeling that brave / stupid!

What bike is anyone else taking?

Ziggy":kbepsp06 said:
Skinny tyres & new (disc) pads now on the 856 - I could go for anything down to a fully rigid single-speed, but I'm not feeling that brave / stupid!

What bike is anyone else taking?

Go fully rigid single speed and keep me company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back