Raleigh Winner seat post help

splatts

Retro Newbie
Good afternoon, newbie here.

Recently been doing up a Raleigh Winner road bike for the commute.

I've purchased a new seat as the original one looked a bit bulky & was heavy, however the new seat doesn't fit the existing clamp that's under the original seat, so I need to buy a new seat post I believe?

I've tried fitting a seat post from another road bike (Carerra) that I have, but it's too wide.

Does anyone know what the width is of the Raleigh seat post? I've tried measuring it & it seems to be about 24 or 25 mm. I understand I need to be exact though. I've also looked on Sheldon Brown (http://sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes-m-z.html#r) but it doesn't list the Winner :(

Thank you.

Midlife":tba6t9nq said:
White with a black front end ? 26.4mm rings a bell

It's this:

j8ksa1.jpg

Thanks, mild memory fail, silver with a black head tube :)

Have you got some digital callipers to measure the old seat post? I wonder why your new saddle won't fit?

Midlife":3esp6v23 said:
Thanks, mild memory fail, silver with a black head tube :)

Have you got some digital callipers to measure the old seat post? I wonder why your new saddle won't fit?

I don't have any digital callipers unfortunately.

This is the clamp that attaches to the underside of the Raleigh seat. There's the (strong) chance I'm being stupid, but I don't think modern seats fit it.

2vux2rr.jpg

Midlife":1wjlvrat said:
Never knew they did universal clamps, every day a school day as they say...

Some clamps bolted directly to the seat itself which was a bit awkward if you wanted to change the saddle as above.

Back