today at cwmcarn and afan forest, modern bikes tho! sorry!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
went to wales today! :D there was somekind of demo day for mma sports and corsair bikes at cwmcarn, i just went for the social to see friends from the trade though but ended up having a really good day of riding! :D

the idea was go to cwmcarn and do the xc route with my mate adam(GA cycles saturday guy) and mark(GA customer and top bloke) and matt(GA mechanic) would do the downhill stuff on big hit naughty bikes.

me and adam started the trail, hadn't done it completely before so was looking forward to it, liked the technical climbing but didn't feel i could get a deacent rythm on it at the start but the sections at the top of the mountain were really good, nice and flowing and pretty fast. :cool: but then it was all over to quickly :( didn't feel like doing it again so me and adam decided to head off to afan forest, whites level trail, really like that trail.

one thing buggered it up! we decided to have some munchies in the cafe up at the trail centre, what a mistake, took 20 mins to order jacket potato's, then they lost/ forgot our order, the waitress bluntly said "we ARE busy!" but it turned out to be they lost our ticket!! aaarggghhh!!! moody waitress is now known to us as potato bint! :LOL: this left us late to start the trail, it was 4.45pm, we had no lights which meant we had till 6.15pm to get the ride in, and i'm not very fit at the mo! thought bollox to it and started nailing where we could, stopped to get a few pics and rode some bits under tree cover in almost pitch black, but what a laugh! there were some dodgy moments for both of us especially when it got a bit darker towards the end of the ride! now after a 3 hour journey home to southampton i'm sat here knackered but happy!! :D

adam was using my ST4 and i was on the clockwork, i envied him that, hardtail with flat bars and long stem and skinny tyres is very hard work on this terrain by comparison with the day ride set up of the ST4, but i couldn't let adam ride the clockwork, he would have hated it!!

here's the pics! :D

Attachments

• wales trip! 002resize.jpg
    wales trip! 002resize.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 605
  • wales trip! 004resize.jpg
    wales trip! 004resize.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 605
  • wales trip! 005resize.jpg
    wales trip! 005resize.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 605
  • wales trip! 006resize.jpg