Retrobike.co.uk elite special forces team race uphill

Is Retrobike.co.uk CTT registered? I always thought that you had to be a member of an affiliated club to be able to ride Open Events such as this.

Perhaps regulations have changed since I last raced time trials.

If not, perhaps we should try and register for next season so that we can all have a go.

On proper period bikes of course - steel frames, 82" fixed etc. :cool:

Well done team Retrobike :D

Wanted to come and watch the Bec but didn't have the time as was racing cyclocross (bone dry!!!) at 2pm

There are some pics on londoncyclesport

IMG_5232001.sized.jpg

IMG_5244001.sized.jpg

IMG_5254001.sized.jpg

Old Ned":6d2u043b said:
Is Retrobike.co.uk CTT registered? I always thought that you had to be a member of an affiliated club to be able to ride Open Events such as this.

If not, perhaps we should try and register for next season so that we can all have a go.

retrobike.co.uk are bcf and ctt registered.

Good work Jeffy, Ryan and Wayne. Heard the did well, will let superstrong post full results...

John":22amrlk8 said:
Old Ned":22amrlk8 said:

retrobike.co.uk are bcf and ctt registered.

Good work Jeffy, Ryan and Wayne. Heard the did well, will let superstrong post full results...

Sorry John, I hadn't realised that we were registered. That's good news. This means that I/we can have a go next season then without needing to join a 'proper' club!

In regard to the hill climb riders, nice to see you riding. The start sheets on lots of hillclimbs look very small these days when I look on the CTT website compared to what I remember when I was riding regularly.

thanks for the heckler at the weekend!

we didnt quite clean up in the hill climbs at the weekend, but brief results are as follows:

race 1, sat am, brighton mitre - 1st = superstrong(me!), by 0.01 sec! Ryan caught wayne for 2mins, who then caught ryan. Wayne admitted he stopped as his legs hurt.... Not totally sure of the full results, but we didnt quite manage the team award, most probably as you're actually meant to pedal all the way up, Wayne.

race 2, sat pm, brighton mitre again - 2nd = superstrong. This one was over 7mins and a r nice long scenic climb. I was beaten by a chap on a tt bike and thought id done a good ride, so hats off to the winner. Ryan and Wayne also did well, something like 5th and 9th. Ish. Retrobike.co.uk secured the team win and the overall team win.

race 3, sun am, catford hill climb. This is evil, up to 25% slopes and a different kettle of fish as there was a super strong field. MTBer/Cross rider & Ducati owner Jody Crawforth took the win (and £300). I managed 10th in 2.06, Ryan 21st in 2.13.5 and Wino (getting the hang of riding to the top now) in 2.15.6 for 25th. Not bad out of 89 starters. I think we were about 3rd team ish.

race 4, sun pm, bec cc hill climb. Fairly similar hill, not quite as evil, but gets steeper and steeper all the way up. I messed up - foot came out the pedal twice and ryans chain came off. Wayno rode well, especially as he was on ex Birdmans Fort cyclo-cross bike/gate again. Road Pro Dan Lloyd won (£1000 for the win!), superstrong 18th, wayneo 31st and rhino 54th. Amazingly, Germain Burton managed 2.03 (a sec quicker than me) and he's 13! A big future ahead (that truly is amazing - he was 2.5 secs off David Clarke (runner up in last years national hill climb champs) and faster than me and Danny Axford - we were 5th and 6th in the chimps)

Anyway, we managed a rather nice hoist in the form of the folllowing prizes:-

2 fluro yellow bags
a cycle computer
3 fluro yellow water bottles
some brake blocks
a set of bike lights
7 bottles of wine
1 bottle of champagne
£115 prize money
probably some other stuff ive forgotten

alas no cuddly toy....

The Retobike team using there pacer (Mrs Superstrong), in pink trainers riding SPD pedals

Attachments

• IMG00195.jpg
    IMG00195.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG00194.jpg
    IMG00194.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 685
Great rides guys, I'm impressed.

Any members 'oop north' going to have a go next season?

Back