retrobike.co.uk or retrobike.net

co.uk or .net

• co.uk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • net

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
jez-2-many-bikes":sljty6r9 said:
It will only get decent search rankings through one name though - Id stick with "advertising" the co.uk one to maximise its rankings within google.

Is that so? Maybe I'll leave the others as straight redirects :?:

John":1gvnb6bp said:
Anyone know how to register domains when the existing users 'lease' expires?

Probably best off trying to make an offer to the owner thru someone like sedo.co.uk or netsol.com..? Domains get snapped up pretty quick and don't necessarily drop off.. I had my eye on a couple of domains for work that were due to expire.. Ended up paying US$1000 for each one :?

http://sedo.co.uk/broker/index.php4?dom ... language=e

I like .co.uk more. The dot net sounds like something cheap, and .co.uk is more brittish humor, and it is, that is why I like this forum.

kingroon":toyhml1j said:
John":toyhml1j said:
Anyone know how to register domains when the existing users 'lease' expires?

Probably best off trying to make an offer to the owner thru someone like sedo.co.uk or netsol.com..? Domains get snapped up pretty quick and don't necessarily drop off.. I had my eye on a couple of domains for work that were due to expire.. Ended up paying US$1000 for each one :?

http://sedo.co.uk/broker/index.php4?dom ... language=e

Used this lot before Matt? Do they normally get a good price?

Yep pretty good, they present an offer on your behalf.. Do you know the guys sitting on the .com?

If you put an offer in [say GBP50] and they come back with something stupid [say GBP500] and they won't budge [you can represent/increase your offer] and you've got RB as a registered company, you do have a legal right to seize the domain [involves lawyers and gets messy but we've done it here].

Given that it only costs a few pounds to rego a domain GBP50 is a good few beers profit for them.. Start low tho would be my only advice, it's not like the .com is an absolute business necessity, so no point in burning cash to expedite the process..

.co.uk!

I can't remember anything important, just spec lists for bikes I never end up building.

Please don't change on me, I'll never find you and I'll have to talk to real people again :LOL:

Stick Legs":3gp1hunr said:
Please don't change on me, I'll never find you and I'll have to talk to real people again :LOL:

Hahaha the reason we're all here is because we hate change! :LOL:

Does anyone else have more mates on here than Out There in The Real World? :oops:

Looks like I'm in a minority here but I prefer .net manily because I'm nowhere near the UK.

Given that most of the content is UK based I don't think it will loose its feel but it would be nice if there were a few other active users who I had some remote chance of riding with and hence if the .net name got more people interested then I'm all for it.

My $0.02 worth :)

Back