Standard shock eyelet diameters?

Ziggy

Senior Retro Guru
I'm trying to stick with the Girvin Vector on my proflex - it looks the part & is nice & stiff for sure... However even with new elastomers it just ain't performing. So I was considering my options, & realised I could probably get a complete air shock in there! It's 185mm I2I, but needs big eyelets, or I'll have to start making custom spacers etc.

I know most shocks use bushes to take the eyelets down to whatever size the frame needs, but is there a standard for the hole itself? Any chance of finding one with a 15mm hole (& a 12.5mm one ideally)?

Cheers for any help... It's all for a good cause - stop me just whacking a pair of judys on! :)

I found a place which has custom air shock kits for the replacemnt of the elastomer on the vector. I'll have a serch for the link and post it.

andrewl":1rtecfqn said:
I found a place which has custom air shock kits for the replacemnt of the elastomer on the vector. I'll have a serch for the link and post it.

Cheers... I've yet to find anything for the vector-1, but something msut be possible!

SLIM":1rtecfqn said:

Not that I could see... :? The problem is that the 'bolt' on a vector is actually the tube/axle running between the left & right upper links - it's a lot fatter than most bolts! & If I replace this axle with a bolt, a: I'll have to make a spacer to clamp into the links, & b: it'll be pretty long for a standard bolt - not ideal for strength.

Latest posts

Back