credit crunch affecting retrobikers?

I must say Guybe I think it is because as you pointed out, a few months ago people were falling over each other to buy stuff. I have had to work really hard to sell anything in the last couple of weeks, usually for a lot less than I originally paid!

Another thing I have always wondered about such matters is if they were not reported and spoke about every single day on every single news programme would there even be a credit crunch? Is it a state of mind?

Trevor.

Not currently....thankfully I bought enough parts to build 5 bikes in the last 12 months so I've got plenty to be going on with :)

Also sold my house and am currently holed up with the g/f and renting VERY cheaply with profits from house sale locked in the bank (as long as they don't go Tits Up :shock: )

Thorpie":1bzja1a0 said:
Another thing I have always wondered about such matters is if they were not reported and spoke about every single day on every single news programme would there even be a credit crunch? Is it a state of mind?

Trevor.

I totally agree, I think the fall of northern rock was at least 30% down to the BBC and the likes stirring up a whirlwind.

And its still going on.

wall street in the thirties started by a que of people outside a bank.others got the idea they were panicking and started pulling their money out...its the sheep mentality ....stand in a street one day and lookup ....see how many others start doing the same thing....nothing changes....ho hum..

Secure in the knowledge that my job is bombproof, and so is my wife's, I am now waiting for someone to realise that they don't need that 16" RC200 after all......

Back