07 Dialledbikes Love/Hate SS (Modern Content).

Very nice Trevor, from memory it looks way better than the advert...those cranks sure bring out the best in a bike.
How does it ride...how heavy is it etc etc
As you know, I'm thinking of going down the modern SS route with disc brakes..one of these might fit the bill..but I'm not sure I could part with the Guyzer.

Harryburgundy":29pjwmuz said:
Very nice Trevor, from memory it looks way better than the advert...those cranks sure bring out the best in a bike.
How does it ride...how heavy is it etc etc
As you know, I'm thinking of going down the modern SS route with disc brakes..one of these might fit the bill..but I'm not sure I could part with the Guyzer.

Dont know yet Carl, planning on going out today or tomorrow. I will let you know, going to be first time with spd's as well so should be interesting!

Trevor.

Thorpie":1fa6kbnj said:
Dave_H":1fa6kbnj said:
I find the Love/Hate a bit confusing.

Why have a single speed without a gear hanger unless you want to give people the option to run it geared.

Why give people the option to run it geared and then provide no way of routing or securing gear cables.

Lovely bike though - other than that confusion, Mike knows how to design a nice bike.

I wondered that myself because as you say there is no way of routing gear cables so why not just make it a true SS without gear hanger? I'm not complaining though, may get a Cotic Simple eventually if I like this anyway. Glad everyone likes the colour, I think it stands out in a crowd and there are not that many of these around.

Trevor.

Totally guessing but could it be that it was cheaper for standard dropouts? Or possibly with the idea of using a tensioner if you wished, with the idea of using a dos eno or a double chainring.

Had my first ride today, only a quickie around the block to adjust some new spd's. The bike feels excellent and even after such a short ride I think we are going to get on brilliantly! I will take it for a proper ride tomorrow all being well. Anyway managed to scratch up some new XT spd pedals (first time user), fell off after failing to disengage when stopping :oops: I am sure I will get the hang of it!

Trevor.

Thorpie":1pq05a5h said:
...Anyway managed to scratch up some new XT spd pedals (first time user), fell off after failing to disengage when stopping :oops: I am sure I will get the hang of it!

Trevor.

That's a rite of passage for 1st time SPD use. :) You are not alone.

Back