From 43 years ago!

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Isn't it amazing how your past can catch up with you! I've had this photo e-mailed me by a very old friend I've recently re-established contact with via another cycling forum. It was found in a pile of photos in the effects of someone who had died recently. I can remember exactly when it was taken (13 May 1965), where (near St Asaph) and which race (Rhos-on-Sea CC 25 mile time trial). I did 1-3-48 and the event was won by Roger Iddles (who is still racing now and doing phenominal rides) in 59-17.

I wonder if the frame is still in existence. It was passed on to a young clubmate when I lived on Oswestry early 70's. I still had some of the fittings until quite recently when I gave them away. Look at them - Balilla Brake Levers, Mafac Stirrups, Brooks Pro Saddle, Stronglight/TA Chainset, Camapag Hubs and Pedals etc. Wish I hadn't got rid of them now :(

Attachments

• RhosonSea25May67.2.A.jpg
    RhosonSea25May67.2.A.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 476
The forks look like the ones on my Carlton Flyer - makes sense I suppose, it's a '65 bike.

I was -10 when that photo was taken :p

I think the technical term ( in modern TOP GEAR parlance ) for what you're doing there is " Giving it the beans. " :LOL:

Back