1995 DBR Axis Team Titanium -> new pic on page 11

Re: 1995 DBR Axis TT -> Finished again, see page 7

Konsta":9kx77n8k said:
Thanks! I'd say the total weight is somewhere around 7,35 kg.

just over 16 lbs ... positively anorexic :mrgreen:

Re: 1995 DBR Axis TT -> New build on page 8

Return of the retro 26er build. Sorry for the lousy iPhone pics.

343itmo.jpg

23sviig.jpg

Re: 1995 DBR Axis Team Titanium -> Back to retro spec on page 8!

Love the frame... but otherwise, too much weirdness going on in the thread. But hey if it keeps you going, that great.

it's rare for me to say this but i think it looked better as a fixed gear. I got a DBR axis too and it's also been going through some changes lately

T'boo Ted":1n8mawfx said:
Love the frame... but otherwise, too much weirdness going on in the thread. But hey if it keeps you going, that great.

Hey mister.

Before you make any more remarks may I remind you that your own Xizang looks like this:

DSC_2109_zps7f517068.jpg

:roll: + :LOL:

But thanks for the comments everyone!

The 700c fixed gear was an experiment and a fun one it was too. All of the parts from that build have been moved onto next frame. But I feel that this Axis TT really should have 26er wheels and this is the way it's built up now.

I have already udated the build a bit. I'll take some better pics later.

Konsta":2yyj94qj said:
T'boo Ted":2yyj94qj said:

Hey mister.

Before you make any more remarks may I remind you that your own Xizang looks like this:

DSC_2109_zps7f517068.jpg
Pot and kettle? :LOL:

Strange choice of forks to put on an xizang i know, they dont look great but you can tell that the bike is built to be functional above all else, and i like that.... In terms of weirdness you're still up there in a league of your own im afraid :p

Sorry I wasn't trying to say that your bike was bad, just the big wheels, skinny tyres and micro stem thing going on was too much weird for me. The frame is a great mtb frame and you went more into hybrid/hipster fixie realm. Which is fine, you gotta do what you gotta do...

As to my bike, yeah it'll never win bike of the month...or even get entered. I'd love to do some things differently, but it gets used a lot and I ride it harder than my new FS bike. only thing I need to change is maybe a slightly wider bar (not current trend wide, just wider, maybe 600mm.
The fork, yeah, Manitous an GT's, but I have a thing for Manitous (having had a Manitou frame and a heap of forks, I like them) but really the main reason for them was I wanted a new, 80mm, v-brake fork with a lockout...pretty thin on the ground these days.

Hey. Xizangs are always cool. No matter what's mounted on them.

All builds are temporary anyway!

Back