West yorkshire trails

theboy

Senior Retro Guru
Can anyone recommend anywhere within easy driving distance of Leeds that offers a 'bit of everything' for me and a new-to-biking mate next week? we have a few days free, and I am already familiar with North Leeds, Calderdale and Wharfedale area but fancy something a little different...

Thank ye!

we have an afternoon, a whole day (must include cake stops!) and then most of another day... average fitness (ahem, I think), I never know how far I have ridden on rides tbh!

Im from North Leeds, and theres some nice routes that can start you off in Roundhay park, take you out through shadwell, alwoodley,wike,east keswick to harewood. Then you can work back in again.

All fairly sedate "nice stuff" but you can venture off the tracks abit.

Used to ride it every weekend.

If your keen I can have a go at plotting the route for you.

JeRkY":20vv5ksg said:
Im from North Leeds, and theres some nice routes that can start you off in Roundhay park, take you out through shadwell, alwoodley,wike,east keswick to harewood. Then you can work back in again.

And the tea-and-cake shop at the golf course here is (or at least was) welcoming to mountainbikers.

grahame":146oeryu said:
JeRkY":146oeryu said:

And the tea-and-cake shop at the golf course here is (or at least was) welcoming to mountainbikers.

Yup..been there many a time.... Growing up next to Roudhay park then moving out to Alwoodley gave me lots of space to ride in...love it around there and still hit the route when I manage to go back and take a bike with me.

the short stretch of singletrack betweenWike & Brandon Hall still brings a smile every time I hit it at speed.

Back