COOL WALL - "Purple anodised components Cool or Uncool

Purple anodised components: Cool or Uncool

• Wow - I think purple rocks my world: Cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well - Im not really bothered.....whatever....

• No - I hate them! Uncool!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that is why you need several bikes , just to make sure you have all of the cool parts . :cool:

Yeah its cool!
Come on guys, it was the thing to have back in the day, and that for me gives it retro credibility :cool:
Sure, theres good and bad examples of purple anodised gear, but on the whole its cool, and has earnt its place in MTB history b ;)

My name is Stuart and I'm a purple anodised retro part addict :D

I tend to find that they compliment most coloured bike frames....apart from red! Green anodised components are the way forward now......

Stu

Purple has gotta be sub zero :D

It was at one stage THE colour period. It started the ano thing in a big way.
Done right, still is the best.

Was only when bikes started gettin shipped with crappo colours r us, and ACME started making those shite skewers that were light as CamTwists but cost a tenner that purple really went downhill.

Looking back again now- its the nuts. Period. :D

gump":2rxhmsza said:
Purple has gotta be sub zero :D

It was at one stage THE colour period. It started the ano thing in a big way.
Done right, still is the best.

Was only when bikes started gettin shipped with crappo colours r us, and ACME started making those shite skewers that were light as CamTwists but cost a tenner that purple really went downhill.

Looking back again now- its the nuts. Period. :D

What gump says. It was things like 120g purplr Kalloy Uno bars which really killed purple.

My first proper MTB was a purple 21" 97 Trek 850. I was the butt of many a joke for riding a purple bike. For a while I agreed with the Trek marketing rubbish and claimed it was Dry Ice Blue, but it was clearly matt purple and I soon saw the error of my ways.

Just found the Mint Sauce cartoon where he didnt put a saddle cover on and finds he has accidentally fathered a few lambs...(sit on my Pace and tell me that you love me....) Anyway, that cartoon strip was proudly declared a Purple free zone.
Mint is clearly the King of Cool. Therefore Purple can only be uncool.

Sorry, but I reckon the above has to apply to anodised purple as well....

John":360vztc0 said:
It was things like 120g purplr Kalloy Uno bars which really killed purple.

Oh! Just re read it, thought you said "It was things like 120g purple Kalloy Uno bars which really killed PEOPLE!" :roll:

Though that may not be too far from the truth! :LOL:

I beleive it was mint sauce who once said "purple is not a crime"
I have a purple rollamajig and purple hose clamps on my bike... would have more purple, but it doesn't seem to be readily available, so i'm going with red.

Back