Retrobike peaks meet 2008 - aftermath thread

cjax":3qsfpzgg said:
Hey Old Ned,

are you glad we persuaded you to stay and ride then?

Chris.

Yes, in a strange sort of way.................

Thanks for all the encouragement en route.

Old Ned":26j57cco said:
cjax":26j57cco said:
Hey Old Ned,

are you glad we persuaded you to stay and ride then?

Chris.

Yes, in a strange sort of way.................

Thanks for all the encouragement en route.

I'd bet a tenner you'd be able to ride half the guys on here into the ground Ned :LOL:

Your a damn sight fitter then you think!

^ I'll second that.

I outwitted myself trying to keep up with Ned on the first hill! :LOL: He had rhythm and was just cruising up the hill.

Muchos respect. :cool:

reanimation":22b6rasv said:
^ I'll second that.

I outwitted myself trying to keep up with Ned on the first hill! :LOL: He had rhythm and was just cruising up the hill.

Muchos respect. :cool:

Cruising!!!! :shock: :shock:

I had my eyeballs wrapped round my stem, my lungs were ablaze and my legs just about to explode! And this was only the first climb. I think you will find that my performance tailed off somewhat after then. I reckon that out of the 20 miles or so I must have walked 5 - including going down :oops: :oops:

Nevertheless, thanks for the kind comments fellas. You should have seen me when I was in my prime - whenever that was :?

Well I was impressed mate, I hope i can continue to turn upto events like this later in life. Hard enough now, training starts here! :LOL: :oops:

neilll":127xt9y5 said:
Old Ned whipped me too and I think i'm nearly 20 years younger than him :oops: :oops: :oops:

Careful, all this talk of 'cruising' and 'whipping' might make people think I'm some sort of deviant.

:twisted: ;)

Somebody mentioned 'training' - wazzat then??

Here's a shot of me recuperating at home afterwards.

Attachments

• PaulLordHaHa010400.B.jpg
    PaulLordHaHa010400.B.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,671
Old Ned reckons he walked a mile or so downhill! I know I did about that on me chin and another two on me arse! I like to think I got the biggest howl of approval from the collective vultures at the bottom of that hill as I dissapeared painfully into that bramble patch! I'm still getting them out now.

Latest posts

Back