Really weak bike related claims to fame

Me and my brother did a bid on ebay on a Pro Issue frame signed by Don Myrah.
We mailed about shipping to Holland, the mails were send by Yvonne Myrah.
Well not much, but we hope to get a frame form Don Myrah, but we didn't reach the reserve. To bad.

And.. once I had a small talk with John Tomac. I was proud!

Chatted in the paddock to Paul Hinton for about 1/2 an hour in '94 (I had a Dyna Tech then too!)
Met Keith Bontrager ('94 Grundig's Plymouth)
Rode my bike with Marley Richards (Viv Richards' son), when Viv played for Somerset he lived down the road from me! (I was about 8 :LOL: )
A mate of mine claimed that David Baker was his uncle but this was obviously bollocks as when we walked past him at a race my mate looked dead shifty :LOL:

i went 2 skool with paul beever who rode for rocky mountain then went on 2 ride for stiff.not sure which year it was when he come 6 in the elite class

Another Poor Effort

Bought a MK 1 Hope disc brake off Paul Hinton - had to go to his house in Derbyshire to pick it up.

Got Caroline Alexander's autograph at Newnham BITD.

Parked next to JMc and family in Cannock, when he road the jellybean Salsa in an NPS race.

Talked to Fred Salmon about the Retrobike website a few months ago (in his shop in the Peak district).

Got to touch Jez's Trimble deep in a wood.... :shock:

Neil

Clubmate with J Chiotti , once world champ before admitting to EPO .

Talked to most french racers in the 90s .

On the road , I went into the RMO TOur de france car at the end of one stage and a few years later had my roadbike tuned by the team Z ( greg lemond ) mechanics as they were staying in a hotel close to my house .

My Explosif was the one (oh yes, the exact one!) featured in MBUK when it did an article/review of new bikes vs second hand. It was the second hand one, the article said it was available from Recycle (ah, Recycle!) and I ran down and bought it - an added bonus, Dave Hemming (I think) was in the shop when I did! £500 pounds well spent in around 1996 or so. 97?

Yes I realise how weak this is! :D

*edited to note that yes, this is weak*

It seems like my bike are getting a good touching up without me knowing - you sick sick people...

I used to run Mint's very own Royce Bb in the Hei Hei.

Also have a framed, signed and personalisd drawing done by Jo Burt of Mint descending into a pile of poo (with flies and an exploding chicken) - it was an explanation of an event on a recent ride...

And it appears my current Hei hei was the first Hei Hei that arrived into the country. The importer used to run a child seat on it.

God that was even weaker than the weak.

Got an uplift with Steve peat in his van at the Nannerch DH course.
Tried to chat up Karen Van Meerbeck at the Malvern classic but blew my chance when I called her caravan by mistake (I was pissed, hence why I was trying to chat up Karen Van Meerbeck)

One of my ex's lives in the same village as Caroline Alexander, (if she still lives there) and her husband once over took me on his road bike. :?

Back