94 brodie expresso

Your brodie " Rocks " mate as i absolutely love it ;) :cool: and those tires just look wicked regardless of what some folk think ;) .

dammit, hate to see that frame.

I lived in seattle and drove to vancouver to buy that same frame...got there too late and camped out in the back of a nissan for the weekend to wake up and buy that frame...no...they aren't open on mondays....waited it out another day to buy the forest green version as the electric green was sold out...the mechanic in back stated it was "his" when i asked for it and it was hanging from the ceiling for sale!!!

ARRRGH....

s'ok though, the forest green expresso rocked my world through all of BC and the NW territory. I think Joe Murray really inspired Brodie for some great frames...too bad Brodie went all-aluminum....sorry, aluminium.

Joe who? You have it very backwards. I don't think Joe have ever made a frame.
Paul was building bikes for about 10 years before Joe joined Kona. OK, 7 or 8 years.
Where do think Joe got the sloping top tube from?
Alum.? What are you talking about?

brownplus":13p8tn7z said:
dammit, hate to see that frame.

I lived in seattle and drove to vancouver to buy that same frame...got there too late and camped out in the back of a nissan for the weekend to wake up and buy that frame...no...they aren't open on mondays....waited it out another day to buy the forest green version as the electric green was sold out...the mechanic in back stated it was "his" when i asked for it and it was hanging from the ceiling for sale!!!

ARRRGH....

s'ok though, the forest green expresso rocked my world through all of BC and the NW territory. I think Joe Murray really inspired Brodie for some great frames...too bad Brodie went all-aluminum....sorry, aluminium.

Re: Hey "retro guru"...maybe you need a name change

Re: Hey "retro guru"...maybe you need a name change...maybe "retro hoodoo"

joe m. inspired the sloping top tube or was at least in the middle of it with kona and brodie.

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 773-3.html

aluminum as in, brodie didn't offer steel frames for many years till it became "in" again.

Re:

Joe may have helped Kona with marketing. But Brodie had been doing the slopping top tube many years before Kona existed. You are reading Kona marketing material. They are great in bikes to the masses. But they copied alot other people. That thread you linked even states this. Look at the history of Paul Brodie and Rocky Mountain.
Alum. Sorry, I thought this was a retro thread. Paul Brodie stopped build frames in the mid 90's. They were steel. Present Brodie bikes mass market bikes.

thanks for appreciating the bicycle.

could we take up philosophies in another thread?

in the meantime... I'm taking this bike for a ride!

Sorry, you are right.
Great bike. Like the colors. Enjoy your ride.
One of my next projects is a Brodie.

Back