• Konas are really cool.... :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konas are ok....

• Konas are really uncool... :(

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But surely (as a past and present Kona owner) they're not cool simply because every remotely serious cyclist has owned one at some point in the past - they're a bit like Ford cars or something - occasionally they elevate themselves (like the GT40), other times it's more like a showroom special with go-faster stripes and jazzed up alloys. But the underlying product is a bit, well, common and has been done to death in every possible iteration, from alloy to steel to Ti to scandium, rigid hardtail and full sus.

so i am confused ..........

rare = cool ????

common = cool ????

which one is it going to be ?? :?

Yeah but the right ford is deeply cool, MKIII 3.0s capri, MKII RS 2000, anything MKI AVO, Anglia's with tuned motors... etc etc

QED the right Kona is cool, HOT, Explosif, Hei Hei, Kiluea.

Anything alloy or boingy or (whisper it cheap) is not. Fair comment?

Hmm... Kona's... are OK.. :?

Never had one, after my Fire Mountain obsession in '89 I kinda left them behind.. It was just that long head tube that I couldn't quite get around..

...But that's the koolest part of a Kona - that long strong long slopy down ultra low seat weld dinky triangle top tube. It's what makes a Kona Kool.

I guess you either love it or....like it a lot.

And that weird catherine wheel explosion look-into-my-eyes-look-into-my-eyes space patrol chainsaw massacre logo - what's that all about? (showing my ignorance here).

Kool

no no no no no no no no no!!!

Uncool!!

Just common bandwagon mass produced weird design mediocre bikes.
Nothing special.
U brakes?
Spaghetti brake cable routing?
10" headtubes?
Extended (pointless) seattubes?
Std 71/73 angles.
Hardley revoutionary or long lasting were they?

Agreed some Konas may be deemed as cool by some- Hot, Hei Hei etc.
But most people just lump all Konas together as cool. Especially knackered old steel ones.
Just wrong.

:D

Back