36H 3x Ringle/Campag/DT

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Finally bought myself a jig and now I'm obsessed with building and truing wheels :twisted:

NOS Ringle SuperEight, NOS Ringle Camtwist, NOS Campag Atek, DT Swiss spokes, black alloy nipples..

2761485433_4a6caa8639_d.jpg

2762332070_c997b20120_d.jpg

2761485675_15bebd014f_d.jpg

The Veteran Wheelbuilders amongst you will notice the valve is actually in the wrong place.. Shoulda measured twice and cut once as they say..

ialways build my wheels with the valve there if i remember as it makes it easy to grip the wheel and valve when pumping with 2 2fingers holding the spokes..just my pref...have a go at snowflake if you get the chance they are quite good fun...

Yeah it works for me too, but I think for orthodox wheels building, it shoulda been one spoke to the right [which would have involved spinning the rim around and then moving every spoke around]..

Snowflake? Not sure they're for me ;)

Still got the front one to build, going to go the same, 36H 3x :cool:

Agency_Scum":2c0h5rsb said:
You learn the final dark art, buy the jig and suddenly the world seems full of lovely HUBS!

novelty wears off afta a few hundred..

matt, wheels must be for the billy? period correct to the MBA test?

scant":3mzcolh0 said:
matt, wheels must be for the billy? period correct to the MBA test?

Yep they are, I think the hub might be a year out [95] as it's a SuperEight rather than a Bubba :? Rims & tyres are good tho I think.. Ateks 91-95.. :cool:

Latest posts

Back