Show me your TurboBricks..... or other modded estate cars

Re:

Got a cheap as chips volvo 940 estate....2.3 turbo.
cost £250 with m.o.t and tax.

Used turbobricks for research and got to work.

15g turbo from t5, injectors to match. 2nd hand isuzu truck intercooler. Vx3 camshaft, side exit exhaust
Ported turbine housing and manifold, gasket matching head and some bowl work.
Running 16psi.

not ground breaking probably 200bhp but bare in mind it has only set me back about £500 including the cost of car.

20130927_111805_zps38dc9f35.jpg

c860d18c-5dd2-43c0-b67f-2fd5f823e34d_zpscbaaad3e.png

20140611_202000_zpsdatn6kus.jpg

20140612_204833_zpshgwfnk93.jpg

Good effort!! I would be very surprised with that combination if you are only making that sort of power unless you have not yet had it remapped?

Bullpup":yfh53oaf said:
Good effort!! I would be very surprised with that combination if u are only making that sort of power unless you have not yet had it remapped?

Just a lowerend guesstimate.
Did download tunerpro and start playing around with mapping but was going to put a t3/t4 hybrid on and sort out a wideband and bigger injectors then mapping at that point.

Just been using it really...cheap and cheerful....and if it did self destruct then i thought about a cheap t6 powered 960 :)

Not a Volvo but from the same country!

Bought this earlier this year, 80k with FSH for £1800, just had it remapped to 275bhp so it goes a bit!
[img][/img]

Living half way between the homes of SAAB and Volvo means that one out of every half dozen locally built car is breathed on. Even the rusty 35 year old sheds.....

mattr":3gl9i5nf said:
Living half way between the homes of SAAB and Volvo means that one out of every half locally built car is breathed on. Even the rusty 35 year old sheds.....

Yes ur all mad over there.....:)

The home of the penta conversion, 16v turbos and 300bhp sheds are the norm.
Lucky sod :)

Re: Show me your TurboBricks..... or other modded estate car

Fudd":3ewylpn6 said:
I think Guy Martin currently owns this one -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BjI1lG2q4A#t=0[/youtube]

Yes, this is Guys car, a Volvo Amazon :)

There's a 240 not far from us that goes a bit like that, AFAIK it's got a massive turboed (truck turbo i reckon) redblock engine in it. They have a little car meet up every month in town and he turns up there most times.

The scariest stuff is the prototypes you get driving round, missus had one for a while, ratty old Opel Vectra estate, mostly held together with duct tape, bad welds and wood screws.
3 litre twin turbo and 4wd. 350bhp and 0-60 in about 6 seconds........... (the production car was significantly slower!)

And we've got a few interesting ones driving round here as well.

Back