Manitou 1 Elastomer full set - WANTED

PLEASE please please go on line and buy new....

your quest for Aesthetically pleasing ....and lets be honest thats what you've placed higher on your list of priorities than
them actually working is rather too anal, even by these parts.
Its interesting to note that top U.S based "Retro" builders such as Martin Kozeck of second Spin Cycles wouldn't waste his time with a quest like this

I feel the end result will end up with a saggy un responsive forks that clunks.....

I'll bet the insipid looking ones that you can't bring yourself to buy from Suspension Fork parts will out perform your pretty coloured 20 year old ones ten times over and solve your problem in a flash...and guess what "no will see them"

Inlight of the mess your rebound elastomers were in deep down you must surley know new ones make the most sense

Spud©

Attachments

• DSCF9666.jpg
    DSCF9666.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 290
Whilst I thank you for taking the time to respond, I don't think it's an appropriate or polite response.

Nowhere on any post in this thread have I placed vanity or aethestics anywhere in my list of priorities. I've simply put out a request for GENUINE items.

Genuine is usually sought for a reason - similar to any car part for any car made out there, you can either buy genuine or aftermarket. Aftermarket is nearly always an inferior product that doesn't work as well as the genuine original. Anyone that drives a car, and risks non genuine parts on service items, will have experienced poorer performance whether it's a braking item, engine management item, clutch or similar. No parts work as well as genuine originals in nearly all circumstances.

I apologise if seeking genuine originals is overly "anal" - but having said that, you should not be using that sort of language with someone that you don't even know.

Mr D

Apologies for offending you with my choice of words,

I agree fully with you that OEM parts are usually far superior to their generic counterparts,
but the particular part (Elastomer) that you're seeking will be long past their best/sell by date
and the modern ones on offer come from a reputable supplier and aren't far eastern cheap copies
of dubious /unknown quality.

However I appreciate we both hold widely different opinions so I'll leave you in peace to continue your quest

Spud ™

Back