• SYN-CROSSIS 1989 YETI FRO

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • landsbee`s 1989 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer

Votes: 35 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":2ivdxdb3 said:
Can anyone explain in dullard's terms why restricting the number of entries is beneficial?

I assume the genesis of this was to prevent multi-time losing bikes from being continually re-entered and just creating "noise" when they're unlikely to ever win.

With the entry limit of 10 bikes being instituted over the past few months, I'd say rule #15 is even more needed/appropriate. We didn't get to consider the ProCloset bike this month because the entry list was "full" (including the apparently ineligible bike in question).

halaburt":3puo6285 said:
highlandsflyer":3puo6285 said:
Can anyone explain in dullard's terms why restricting the number of entries is beneficial?

I assume the genesis of this was to prevent multi-time losing bikes from being continually re-entered and just creating "noise" when they're unlikely to ever win.

With the entry limit of 10 bikes being instituted over the past few months, I'd say rule #15 is even more needed/appropriate. We didn't get to consider the ProCloset bike this month because the entry list was "full" (including the apparently ineligible bike in question).

Total Agreement.

Re:

About bloody time Gio....... :cool:

That Yates is a class act mate and a worthy winner.

(Plus will certainly look forward to taking a look at maybe one day) :cool:

halaburt":2er5cbv7 said:
highlandsflyer":2er5cbv7 said:

The other rules already preclude bikes being entered multiple times without major changes. Restricting the list to so few merely boosts chances for those who have access to a vast array of bikes. I can't see the real benefit for the common or garden enthusiast who may take a while to prep a bike for the theme of the month. How about announcing the theme a couple of months in advance?

Congrats to Giom, a fine victory :D

With regards to 10 entries there are various reasons. Things others have mentioned is partly right, think it is good to keep things focussed and perhaps to help ensure that bikes entered are ready for the contest. However one large reason is that after running BoTM at least twelve times a year for nine years the two hour copy and paste marathons that occur when we have 30 or 40 entries and lost their novelty.

Re:

:D love the BoTM comp. all of the above seem logical reasons to me and the efforts to pull the poll together

hi am after some decals for a Saracen kili racer the whole lot if there is any body who could help I would be very plzd to donate any organ I have a spare of

Back