Which Forks (modern content)

The newer Fox arn't as good though, have a look on the forums and you'll see they have stanchion wear problems. Unfortunatly i've found this out first hand with my vanillas, 18 months and kaput

Average Mark":36slo998 said:
18 months and kaput

Ouch. :shock:

I want Something like my Marz Bam z4's ten years old and have only had an oil change :shock: :shock:

Guess there not made like they used to be!!!

Average Mark":1x1njje9 said:
The newer Fox arn't as good though, have a look on the forums and you'll see they have stanchion wear problems. Unfortunatly i've found this out first hand with my vanillas, 18 months and kaput

fox forx are like formula 1 cars, work superbly, but need lots of TLC. since i've quit the day job i'm doing 300miles a week :D & my several pairs of fox forx (32rlc100, 32talas, 36talas etc etc) are all sweet. but then I do reg maintain them ;)

I use a Fox Plain Vanilla RSC 125 on my Fisher and it is coil sprung and absolutely bomb-proof! Unlike air forks, you don't have to worry about seals blowing mid-ride and leaving you deflated, and it has 3 adjustments on top for rebound, compression damping, and a lever to ramp up but not completely lock out the low speed damping when climbing.

Forx

Not that popular, but always get good reviews are the Rond/Magura range. Very stiff and long lasting, I have some Magura Quake airs that are Erm.......... old and as good as new with no service! The seals are so tight on these they take months to supple up, this keeps all the Kak out.

letmetalktomark":1wnoxigd said:
Average Mark":1wnoxigd said:
18 months and kaput

Ouch. :shock:

I want Something like my Marz Bam z4's ten years old and have only had an oil change :shock: :shock:

Guess there not made like they used to be!!!

Ahhh, but they do. Not 10 years ago but 4.

Probably the best fork Marzocchi have ever made is the 2003/2004 model year Marathon - the one with the gold alloy knobs. 105 or 120mm travel, dual coil sprung with air preload. External rebound adjust and ETA. Made in Italy and made properly like all Marz' forks used to be.

They are totally reliable and virtually maintenance free. You can find a pair secondhand for about £120 or so. The bushes will last for life, seal kit is £13 and will last for years. That's it - oil change every few years - no fettling, leaking, fussing or NASA degree needed for set-up. Preload, rebound and ride for ever.

(PS - I have a set for sale! :LOL: )

Back