Marin Shoreline Trail

stretchkerr

Dirt Disciple
This has been my project over the last couple of months. Discovered a crack in the headstock of my 95 Nail Trail and decided to knock something up with the salvaged parts. Purchased a used frame from ebay and set about putting it all together. Must add that I am a newbie to all this stuff.

Salvaged parts include:-
Araya TM-18 rims
Shimano STX hubs
Shimano STX RC Rear Mech
Shimano STX Shifters and Levers
Shimano STX Cranks and front rings
Shimano UN52 BB
Shimano Original Chain

Used Parts purchased:-
Marzocchi MX Comp forks
Avid SD7 Front and Rear Cantilevers
Handlebars with 40mm rise

New Parts Purchased:-
Ritchey Stem
FSA Orbit MX
Jagwire Brake and Gear outer and inner cables etc.
Shimano Alivio Bottom Pull Front Mech
Outland Enduro Grips
UK Bikestore Marzocchi Canti Boss kit

The plan is to use it for road use over the winter and keep my 99 Marin Rock Springs for trail riding only. After a winter of neglect I want to strip the Shoreline down again and powdercoat the frame and fork lowers along with an upgraded swing arm if I can source one. An upgraded rear shock will go in at this time along with a full overhaul of the forks. I know there are better frames etc out there to spend the cash on but each to their own. It also gives me something to do in the shed over the summer as I hate sitting on the house when the nights are light. I also have a beer fridge in the shed so I guess this helps!!

Opinions??

Attachments

• IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 941
Hiya
Looks a nice project , i keep watching these full sus Marin frames on ebay , they always look such bargain ! judging from peoples builds pretty versatile too :D
cheers Paul.

Theres bargains to be had if you are prepared to wait. I jumped in early and paid a bit too much. But I am happy with the end product. Theres one sitting on ebay just now for 99p!!

There was a really nice Rift Zone frameset on there and only just up the road too , it was at about £50 until half an hour or so before the end, then just when i thought i might have a crack at it then roared up to £160 ish :roll:
Paul.

Back