LeMond TVT Z team replica questions

More recently, after I acquired the LeMond ridden TVT WC Replica, I ran across another one (#37) in great condition for a low price. Always believing in te concept of excess in all things, I purchased it.

The original owner had removed the components after buying the bike new and replace them with Dura Ace. The Mavic group was as new.

I purchased it from the second owner.

Attachments

• Lemond%204%20(2)_2_2.JPG
    Lemond%204%20(2)_2_2.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 511
  • SV400739.jpg
    SV400739.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 511
Photo of the Team Z TVT LeMond: I purchased this bike from the second owner Martin Tweedy. Tweedy is a respected frame builder in the US who currently does all of the lugged steel frames for Steve Hampsten.

Two more photos coming as soon as I cut them down in size.

Attachments

• P9070228_29 500.jpg
    P9070228_29 500.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 511
thanks for that walter makes the trek/lemonds look like rhubarb! WHAT A FIND! looks like you got the whole kit and kiboodle , what about the h bar stem/bars/brakes/cables/hubs .are they all mavic ? i see you have got a c50
be great if you could do a direct handling comparison on your fav circuit , hope you got some milder weather there now, those up hill finishes in ' the tour california' looked a bit warm . :)

oonaff":3rf516ac said:
thanks for that walter makes the trek/lemonds look like rhubarb! WHAT A FIND! looks like you got the whole kit and kiboodle , what about the h bar stem/bars/brakes/cables/hubs .are they all mavic ? i see you have got a c50
be great if you could do a direct handling comparison on your fav circuit , hope you got some milder weather there now, those up hill finishes in ' the tour california' looked a bit warm . :)

On the TVT WC Replica bikes the group is all Mavic, along with the hubs, stem and bars

The Z Team ti and TVT bikes are all Campy. Ti bike has TTT stem and bars rebadged as Scott.

The ti bike rides very smooth. The TVT bikes are a bit flexy (which is why GL went to Calfee for the '91 frames). I still need to ride that one for a bit of a comparo).

We do not get as hot as Palm Springs was during the Cali race here in Tucson, but it is over 100 degrees F here in the summer . We ride verrry early in the morning!

thanks walter, to have a 100% mavic bike is so rare . i do so love the calfee. there was a feature on a build on this forum [check retro bike archive ] the guy went to intricate detail to build a team issue, a lot of hours spent. i read they glide up hill! that is depending on rider's level and weight, lol
well i can strongly recommend the gan glx to add to your great collection

edited:

Do any of you folks have scans of the magazine ads for the Z team production bikes or any of the advertising flyers? Same for the LeMond TVT World Championship Replicas...?

Thanks.

oonaff":yb1ywjy9 said:
thanks walter, to have a 100% mavic bike is so rare . i do so love the calfee. there was a feature on a build on this forum [check retro bike archive ] the guy went to intricate detail to build a team issue, a lot of hours spent. i read they glide up hill! that is depending on rider's level and weight, lol
well i can strongly recommend the gan glx to add to your great collection

EDITED:

But then I would need a PDM Concorde...and a Gitane. Gotta stop somewhere! I am out of wall space...

...and a Bottechia...the only other project in the pipe is a repaint of a mid-80's TVT frame I have in the '86 La Vie Claire colors.

Back