BEWARE WITH PLANETXBIKES SHOP AND SARTO ROVIGO FRAMESET.

Would need to be a very skilled mechanic to a) see in a closed tube b) see under paint c) see past the facing off the crown.

Woz":12ra02lb said:
Would need to be a very skilled mechanic to a) see in a closed tube b) see under paint c) see past the facing off the crown.

Not true! If a small shunt, as described, was sufficient to dislodge the steertube, there is no way that there was not also some recognizable play and auditory evidence beforehand. When you assemble a brand new frame, you should face the fork and ensure that the headset fork crown race is fully seated. This action will apply more pressure that should occur from a small shunt. Then once the fork crown race is applied to the fork and the cups applied to a faced frame you need to stress the assembly. Again applying teh same force that can occur in a mild shunt.

I can see Planetx is trying to do well with this problem.The terrible problem were the missing mails but we cann't forget the problem is the signed frame and fork,from Sarto.The fork is a very bad fork.There is material from the welds in the crown and it looks very cheap ,not fine.
The frame looks good quality and light and I made a 8kg ( little sub) road race steel bike( campy Record,Super Record,Chorus,FRM,Tune.....)Geometry is very,very good and the price was very good,I think Planetx has the best prices and they sell low prices in vintage parts.I don't forget it.
The easy is buying a Colnago Master,De Rosa Neo...... expensive frames.
Well,I have lost time with this problem,the bike is stopped and I will remove the frame because I 'm lucky and I prefer forgetting this problem and I don't want more components or frames from Sarto- SURE THE FRAME IS RIGHT- but sorry,If Sarto sells poor forks I don't want suprises like my " fork suprise".I can't ride it again.

Back